I'd have never guessed that the man was gay, and from the smirk curving David's lips before he hid it by taking a sip of orange juice, I'd say the bastard was fully aware of that little bit of information. I didn't know whether I wanted to smack the smug bastard or give him a hug. Not that it mattered, I can't allow myself to get involved with this man even if he was as interested in me as I was in him. Once again, I shook my head to clear my head space and refused to dwell on Agent's Carson sexuality. I just simply didn't have the balls to do anything about these unwanted feelings he invoked in me.

Finally seeing the girls off to school, I sent another little prayer up to Heather and also asked her to help me have the strength and wisdom to handle my current situation. If she was here, she would have laughed her ass off at me and mercilessly teased me to no end about my lascivious thoughts towards the sexy officer. Heather and I were always cool like that. I've never given her a reason to think I was nothing other than totally faithful to her, because I was. She was my everything and she deserved my respect, my love, and my fidelity until death do us part, and there were some days I wish it had been me instead of her. Her years on this Earth were cut way too short. She still had so much to give and receive from life.

This was our routine for the next few days, and those few day turned into a week and I finally had to restart my exercise routine. I needed to get back into my exercise routine. I needed the physical activity for several reasons. One, Colin was becoming a pain in my ass, and two, my body started protesting against the inactivity. It's literally screaming for relief from the stress and pressure of my job. Since sex was way off the table, I needed to work off the built up tension in order to relax both my mind and my body. This morning I was going for kickboxing in the ring after a mild cardio workout. I'll ease back into weight training within the next few days.

I'd just finished pulling my t-shirt over my head when there was a knock on my bedroom door. I checked to make sure I was presentable before answering, and I was shocked to see Agent Carter waiting by himself. David was nowhere in sight.

My curiosity must have been written all over my face because the agent quickly replied. "Agent Knox sends his apologies Sir, but it seems that his daughter had a case of abdominal pain during the night and spent the evening in the Emergency Room at Walter Reed. It was just a case of gastroenteritis and the family is on their way back home as we speak. Agent Knox said he'll return to duty later this afternoon."

Concerned for my friend and his family, I pulled out my cell phone to shoot off a text to David. "No, no...He needs to stay home and see about his daughter, there's no need for him to come rushing into work after spending the night worrying about Jessica. I have no scheduled appointments outside of the house today, and I'm sure you and my security team are more than capable of doing what you do best." I tapped out a quick message telling David to stay home and keep me informed if he needed anything. David almost immediately responded with a simple, "ty, will do, and ttyl" Lord save us from texting language, but I can only imagine that must be all he capable of at the moment. My friend has to be exhausted after the night he had.

Putting my phone away, I looked up into those shimmering green eyes and felt like I almost had to cross my legs to prevent my hard on from poking straight out at the man like a heat seeking missile. Something in the way he was studying me put me on edge, and I had to lock my body in place to keep the tingles of delight from causing a full body shudder. I'm sure the agent would notice something like that. They were trained for things like that. How to read someone's body language, their facial features, and the like. I just hoped and prayed that I'm able to control myself enough to continue to hide my feelings towards the man.

It wasn't easy, especially with the way the agent staring so intently back at me. I fought the urge to fidget and squirm under the heat of his intense scrutiny. There was no way I'm going to be able to pull off a workout in close confines this tempting beast. We'd practically be alone together, except for Colin, who is usually in a world of his own.

"That was a very decent thing you just did for Agent Knox, Mr. President. I'm impressed. David was right about you. I was all nervous about taking this position. I didn't know what to expect of the man who literally runs the free world. To be honest, I thought you were going to be a stuck up tyrant, but you're actually the complete opposite. You are down to earth, cool, and most of all, you're open and approachable, and I respect that." He quietly stated and like a fifteen year old girl with talking to her love interest, I felt my face light up like the Rose Garden during the Christmas holidays.

"Um...Thank you." I muttered as I looked anywhere but at him. Then the idea struck me. "You know what Agent Carter, thank you for kind words. That being said, I've changed my mind about working out in the gym this morning. Please gather my team and have them meet us on the jogging trail inside the perimeter of the gates."

"Sir, I have to advise you that your last minute change of plans to go jogging is not a wise decision. The path needs to be swept properly by security. The men haven't been on a run with you in a while, so I am sure they are conditioned to go jogging at all while carrying their weapons and managing to stay alert to their surroundings, Mr. President." He added my title on the end of his little speech. I'm sure it's an appeasement tactic on his part because of the scowl on my face. I deplored being told that I can't do something because of logistics, security sweeps, and such altogether with my less than favorite response and I quote. "It's for your safety Mr. President." At least he didn't utter those damnable words.

The man stood there as cool as a cucumber and stared right back at me as if challenging me to dispute his reasoning. My unimpressed glare seemed to have no effect on him whatsoever. We were having a battle of wills right there in the middle of the hallway in front of my bedroom door, and fuck if I wasn't turning me on to the point of wanting to throw him against the wall and capturing those perfect pink lips under my own. I'm sure the man would taste just as good as he looks. I was almost panting in need. But again, I clamped my rigid control of myself and just conceded.

"Fine Agent Carson, whatever you think is best. Let's go to the gym. I'm sure Colin is waiting for us." I replied and turned quickly on my heels and stomped off down the hallway. I was so glad to be walking in front of the man. It gave me time to think of any and everything to get my overly excited cock to calm the fuck down.

Colin god bless him, was just the distraction I needed. I entered the gym with Agent Carer close enough on my heels for me to feel his body heat. As a matter fact, he was little too close for my comfort. I got a generous whiff of fresh soap and warm man. His scent invaded my senses, and just like that, I dropped my ass onto the exercise mat for two reasons. One, to hide my instant hard on, and two, to stretch my legs or at least make it look like that's what I was doing.

It certainly didn't help when the gorgeous agent sat down next to me and proceeded to contort that big, fit body into a series of mind boggling positions. Jeeezus! He's flexible as hell, it had me wondering how many ways could a bend and twist that heavenly body around in my bed as I fucked him into a coma, or he fucked me senseless.

Colin chose that exact moment to thrust my morning shake in my hand. I didn't even bother to complain as I tipped my head back and swallowed the entire contents in the glass like it was liquid ambrosia. No matter the taste, it felt glorious as it coated my parched throat. I almost regretted telling David to stay home. I know I have to get used to having the Agent Carson around in close and personal confines. Lord, I needed a buffer this morning to work off some stress and the agent was not anything but that. He was creating tensions of a different kind right about now, and I released a long sigh knowing that this was going to be a long ass day. The first of many to come of that I was sure.