.         Why are you so against the idea of being a vampire?

-I don't like the idea of being a vampire because I don't want to take human lives. I've been on the other end of this. I've seen firsthand how vampires look down on humans and think that they are toys to be played with. They treat them like pets instead of normal people who have lives of their own that are ruined by vampires. I love Calvin, but I've never wanted to be like him. I don't want to be a slave to hunger that can only be fed by feeding on other people.

.         Why can't you just turn into a vampire and be with Calvin and once you're properly queen again you can change the laws and allow you and rose and Calvin to live together in the real world!

-I really have no desire to be a vampire, or a queen. Even if I was queen, I know that the people would never accept me coming and going with the heir to the throne. They are very set in their ways here.

.         Can you please kill Lexton???

-I may not see eye to eye with her, but I don't hate her, and I certainly could never kill her.

.         When you were with Logan, did you ever wish it was Calvin, instead?

-I tried to deny it all of the time, but I caught myself making comparisons all the time.

.         So Rachel is not in love with logan? :(

-I love Logan, but I never should have opened up to him. Not when I should have known I couldn't fill the hole in my heart where Calvin belonged.

Calvin.

.         Are you sure about what your doing with lexton?do you think she will be a good queen?

-I'm not sure of much of anything these days. I don't think that Lexton would make a good queen. I think she would be in over her head and would take the criticism too seriously and be hurt by it. Being a ruler is a hard job. You can't ever show weakness, and I don't think Lexton would be good at that, or making some of the decisions that are necessary when you are in charge.

.         Why don't you just take away the counsel so rose and Rachel can see you when ever they want?

-The whole reason I put the council in power, and reworked our government was because I wanted to distance myself from power. I had hoped to one day cycle out monarchs altogether, and thus, save Rose in the long run, but now I don't know what I will do. It isn't only the council that are the issue with having Rose and Rachel here with me. It puts them both in constant danger, and they would never have a normal life. I want more for Rose than the childhood I had.

.         How hard is it knowing that you're going through the plan of marrying lexton?

-When Rachel first came up with it, I was initionally hurt by the idea, but after coming to realize it could be a way out for both her and Rose, I've warmed up to the idea although it would only be a marriage in title. I will never have another true wife. Rachel is my one and only and I will never love another woman.

.         Does Your Mother's Suicide haunt all of your decisions about Rachel?

-I would like to say no, but I am sure that it does. I think of her often, and I get scared whenever I see thing happening like they did with my mother. I had to watch her, unhappy all of the time, but forced to live this big lie. I wasn't enough for her to keep fighting. I find myself constantly worrying that my loving a human so fiercely, like my father did, will only ultimately lead to her demise, like my mother's.