5

She hugged her injured arm to her chest to keep it from moving as she ran. She didn't know why she was running, he would never come after her. He hadn't even wanted her there to begin with. She would just walk through the woods until night came, and then she'd figure something out.

She slowed down, glancing at the sky that was darkening with clouds. The wind rustled through the bare trees, shifting some snow off of the branches leaving little eerie whispers against the ground.

Tris felt utterly alone, so she gave up and sank to the cold, wet ground. She'd never find shelter before nightfall, and the storm would freeze her to death in just over an hour.

She did not regret her decision, leaving the castle and all. She would have driven herself absolutely crazy staying in the castle with nothing to do, and a bipolar, handsome man as a roommate.

She leaned against a tree, enjoying the intense, cold air that bit at her cheeks. She had definitely disappointed her mother by being unsuccessful in finding her purpose. Maybe she was a mistake and she didn't have a true purpose. She nodded her head to herself, that was definitely what it was.

She yawned and shivered, closing her eyes and preparing for the worst.

---

Four cursed himself for being a complete and utter jerk to someone so precious and sweet. She hadn't meant any harm, she was only curious. 

He got up from his seat moments after Tris ran inside, deciding to grow a pair and apologize. He might as well tell her everything. When he stepped inside, he heard his front doors slam and he panicked. She left him.

But could he blame her? He was a complete asshole to her, and for no reason. She deserved to go somewhere and fall in love and be treasured like the piece of treasure she was.

It wasn't until the snow poured from the sky that he stopped and thought about where she would end up. The only town for miles was her town she got banned from. There was no way that she could have made it very far in this weather.

He cursed again, suiting up for the cold and hopping onto his horse. He was such an idiot to wait this long to go and get her. She could have gotten hurt and it would be all his fault because he was such a screw up.

The ice and snow limited his vision to the point where he couldn't see a couple inches infront of him. With his left hand, he easily lit a little flame to light his path.

He found her curled against a large oak tree, her head rested on her knees.

"Are you crazy?" he hissed loudly over the roaring snow, bending down to her level, prepared to scoop her up and take her back home.

"Y-Your hand," she whispered, licking her chapped lips. "It's on fire!"

"No, baby. It's just the reason I wear gloves," he said softly, picking her off the ground and easily climbing back on his horse. "I'm so sorry, I'm really trying to be nice."

She picked up his hand, "This is why you hide," she concluded. "I'm so sorry for prying on your business," she murmured, shivering as the wind blew against her exposed cheeks. She blushed when she noticed she was cradled in his lap, and his arms wrapped tightly around her as though he never wanted to let her go.

Four tugged at his large cloak, pulling it at his neck so it draped infront of him, swallowing Tris in the process. "You have nothing to be sorry for," he kissed her head, feeling like he failed her. He silently promised himself that he would never let anything come between them again, and by spring she would want to stay and marry him.