Chapter 14

Blaire's POV

I just watch.

I watch as Grayson pitches two large tents by himself. I watch him start the fire. I watch him unroll all the sleeping bags. I watch him pitch his own tent forty feet away from our communal one.

Then I watch him get chewed of by Aunt Cecilia, who starts yelling something about stealing money from the cash drawer.

And this is the part I regret the most. I'm playing around with Justin and Jordan, and I regret not helping Grayson out.

I'm too chicken to. I'm too chicken to reveal to the world how lovely the real Grayson is.

"Blairebear, you okay?"

I look over at Brookie, who has a worrisome expression in her eyes.

"I'm fine," I lie, looking back at Grayson, who's stabbing the fire with a marshmallow and a stick. I just watch as the fire laps the marshmallow up, until it's gone. It's beautiful in its own way, and Grayson's watching it closely.

"Come on!" Justin holds me tight, and we run off into the woods, farther and farther away from Grayson.

Grayson's POV

I rolled over to the side of my little tent and watched as the dim light outside reflected back what was going on in the large tent roughly forty feet away, their shadows dancing across my tent.

I can see Sarah's hunched figure right next to Lucca's, hunched over a book. Talia seems to be gossiping with Jordan about something, their heads close together. I can hear the rest of them laughing and giggling as they slap each other with pillows, Blaire piggybacking on Justin's back. Blaire clings onto Justin's neck and hugs him tight, and Justin turns back to kiss him softly on the lips.

I look away quickly and turn around in my sleeping bag, all my emotions raging up inside of me. I'm too exhausted to yell at anyone anymore.

I'm dead. A hollow shell filled with I-don't-care-anymore's.

When I'm absolutely sure that no one's going to walk past here anytime soon, I stuff my sleeping bag with jackets and crawl inside, hugging myself. That's only when I begin to cry, something I haven't done since my parents got sent to jail.

These ugly sobs start heaving up, and I hiccup, closing my eyes so I could go to sleep. I'm absolutely miserable living here. I fucking miss my old bedroom, which is now non-existent. I miss my parents. I'd rather be in jail with them than here.

"Grayson?"

Fuck. I try to keep my sobs inside, but one big one happens to swell up, and it erupts. "Grayson?!"

Jordan throws the flap of my tent open, and suddenly, a burrow of fluffy hair tries to comfort me, holding me tight and rocking me back and forth. "Let it out, Grayson, let it out."

Jordan coos for the next three minutes as I hiccup my way through, everything a big blur in front of me. I vaguely hear someone calling Jordan's name, and next thing I know, a bundle of frost-colored hair is next to me, hugging me tightly.

Sometime in the next ten minutes, Jordan has left, and Blaire is with me, still holding me tightly.

"What's wrong?" he asks me quietly. I shake my head and bury myself into my sleeping bag, avoiding his silver eyes.

He doesn't ask again; he just sits there and plays with my hair, like I did to him a couple of days ago. "We can talk whenever you want to."

"Just fucking-" hiccup- "leave," I snap, turning away from him. "Go back to Justadick and go have fabulous babies and get married under the stars and some other shit."