Chapter One

Liam woke up from the same dream again. It’s been weeks since he first had that dream. The faces of the men were blurred, but every other detail was so vivid in his mind. Every time he would have that dream, his heart would feel heavy. He sat on his bed with one of his hand covering his face. He felt heart broken. Even if it was just a dream, seeing someone betrayed by someone they trusted was still so sad for him.

            “Liam!” He heard the voice of his cousin, Ethan, calling his name. He immediately lied down again and covered his body with his blanket. The door slammed opened.

            “Ohhh… you’re here.” Liam said in a weak voice then coughed.

            Ethan looked at him and then sat down on the bed exhausted before sighing heavily. “You could stop your act. Do you know how worried I was when I heard you were sick?” Ethan then turned to him and then pinched both of his cheeks.

            Liam sat back in pain before forcing Ethan’s hands away. He rubbed his cheeks with his hands. “Why do you keep doing that to me? I’m not a child anymore…” He complained.

            “Right, that’s why you pretended to be sick to get me to come here.” Ethan said sarcastically. “So, what do you want?” Liam looked at his cousin with twinkling eyes.

            “I want to see Warren. Can we go to him?” Liam said charmingly.

            Ethan stood up. “I am busy with the company.” He said flatly and looked away from Liam.

            “Then tell me where he is, I’m going to him by myself.”

            “You can’t!” Ethan turned to Liam instantly, his voice was very alarmed. Liam wondered why he was acting as such. Warren had left the Hendrix Household almost a year ago without telling Liam as to where and why he is going. Liam missed his cousin, he wanted to see Warren.

            “But I miss him. I want to see him. I would be working in the company a month from now, I’ll be busy by then, so I want to have a vacation with the two of you before that.” Liam sounded like a child asking for a toy. He took Ethan’s arm and shook it childishly as he pleaded. “Please… Ethan… let’s go to him… Please…” He looked at Ethan with puppy eyes and all that Ethan could do was sigh.

            Just a few days later, Liam and Ethan left for the island known as Hart. It was a beautiful island that was steadily becoming a tourist attraction. Resorts were built around one part of the island while the other was still inhabited by the locals. It was surrounded by crystal blue waters and beautiful sceneries. It was there that Blue Haven was built, a resort owned by the Hendrix family. At that moment, Warren Hendrix was the one in charge of its operations.

            “How come I never knew that we owned a resort in such a wonderful place?” Liam asked Ethan as they were having lunch at their villa’s patio.

            “We own lots of things. It’s difficult to keep track of everything.” Ethan answered avoiding eye contact with him. Ethan had been acting very cautious ever since they got on that island. Liam couldn’t help but feel that something was going on.

            “Where is Warren? He is the Executive Director here right? When can we see him?” Liam was excited to see Warren again. He waited for so long to be reunited with his cousin.

            “He is attending some business on the other side of the island. He’ll come see you tonight, so just be patient.” Ethan said reassuringly. Liam smiled at the thought. “Do you want to sight see, swim, or play while we wait?”