"You live in New York?" I nodded my head at his question.

"That complicates things." I blew out a breath and sat back in the couch.

"But I actually got an offer from Vogue. They're going to sponsor my Spring line, so I'll be in New York for a week to pack and I'll be living in L.A. for 3 months."

"That's great! I can't believe it. Congratulations, Vivian. You really deserve it." He pulled me into a hug and I still couldn't believe it.

"You don't even know me. How do you know I deserve it?" I asked as we pulled apart only slightly. I was still in his embrace.

"I just know it. It feels like I've known you for years. So how about when you come back, I take you on a proper date?"

"I'd like that." I grinned.

"If I'd known I would've brought some wine and we could celebrate."

"I have a better idea." I moved closer and pecked his lips then gradually started kissing him.

"Wait, Vivian, do you think it's a good idea? I mean, I want to, I really want to. But shouldn't we get to know each other?"

"Um, hate to break it to you but we've moved way past that. And I really want to." I kissed him again.

"Who am I to deny a lady's want?" He kissed me back and held me closer to him.

We were backtracking towards the bedroom, but I guess it was too slow for him because he ended up picking me up. Our lips never separated. I ran my fingers through his hair and I tried to unbutton his shirt to no avail. He laid me down on the bed and took off his shirt and pants. His eyes were burning with lust. He then climbed over me and kissed me. It was slow then he pulled away. He slowly pulled off my shorts and tank top. He slowly undid my bra. I was getting frustrated and he knew it. He was doing it on purpose.

"Hurry up." I whined.

I heard him chuckle and it finally came off. We spent the whole night making love over and over. It was easily one of the best nights of my life.

Richard's POV

Viv was coming back today. I was waiting for her outside the airport. This week has been hell without her. I should've went with her. I know she was heartbroken when I didn't. and boy do I regret it. It was so boring having lunch in my office when I knew that we would usually go out together for lunch. It was especially hard to deal with Alise. Viv was always the person I went to for advice on women's needs.

When Viv accused Alise of cheating, it was hard to believe. Alise is still ticked about it, I knew that even though she didn't say it out loud. I wasn't not considering the accusation, but Alise has opened up to me in a way I know she hasn't with anyone else. I was the king of playing girls. So who was I to judge her if she cheated? It's probably because no girl has ever cheated on me. It was always the other way around.

But every time I brought it up, she found a way to avoid it. It's just been really stressful lately. So it's no surprise that Viv coming back would lighten things up a bit.

"Rich!"

I was tackled from the side by none other than Viv. I hugged her back and she smelt good. Familiar. When we pulled apart, she looked amazing. She had that glow. She looked happy. Happier than I've ever seen her.

"Welcome back, Viv. How was the show?"

"It was amazing! And I have some great news." It was good to hear her voice.

"How about I take you out for some dinner? That six hour flight was probably boring and the food even worse."

"Ugh, yes. I am starving."

We were at Backyard Burger and we talked about what we did over the week. The conversation about Alise never came up so I guess that was a good thing. It was peaceful. I didn't want to ruin it.

"So what is it that you wanted to tell me?" I asked as I dipped a fry in ketchup.

"Well," she wiped her hands on a napkin, "I got a deal. From Vogue."

"I dropped the fry back on the plate."That's amazing, Viv! You really deserve it." I saw something flash in her eyes and her smile faltered.

"Thanks, Rich."

"You should be ecstatic. What's bothering you, Viv?" I stared at her directly.

"I'm only staying in New York for a week, Rich. I'm going back."

"Going back?"

"To L.A?" I asked to clarify.

"Yes, I've been given an offer for Vogue to help launch my Spring line of evening gowns."

"But you don't design evening gowns. You design everyday wear." I stated.

"I do design gowns, I've just never been confident enough to showcase them." she said.

"Oh. I'm happy for you, Viv. So are you taking the deal?" She looked down away from my gaze.

'You already did." She nodded her head.

"Look, Richard, its only for 3 months. I'll be back in March."

"3 months. Wow, that's great Viv. It really is. I'm proud of you."

"Really?"

"You don't need my permission." I told her.

"I know I don't. But you're a big part of my life. I value your input more than anyone else's."

"You should go. This is your dream. I won't hold you back from it." I couldn't be selfish. Not with her.

"Thanks, Rich." She came over and hugged me. The only thing I could do was hug her back.

I walked Vivian up to her apartment. During the ride back she couldn't stop talking about the clothes she saw and her smile was constant. The spark in her eyes never left. How could I ask her to stay just because I was a self-centered fool. I'd miss her.

"Thanks for dinner, Rich. I really appreciate it." I knew she meant for more than just dinner.

"Your welcome, Viv." I hugged her.

She was still here for another week. There's no need to go all sappy now. It was only 3 months. She'll be back before I know it. But for now, I needed this. To be with her. We pulled apart. That glow was still there. If I hadn't known any better, she looked like one of my many one night stands after hot sex. Wait, she looked like-

"Oh, shit."

"What is it?" She asked. Her face was surprised that I cursed out of nowhere.

"Who is he?" I demanded.

"Who's who?"

"The man that you're fucking, Viv."

__________________________________________________________________________

"Every day is a new beginning. Stay away from what might have been and look at what can be."

"Isn't it ironic? We ignore the ones who adore us, adore the ones who ignore us, love the ones who hurt us, and hurt the ones that love us."

Thanks for reading beautiful person on the other side of the screen :)

I'm updating earlier than usual because I just had so many ideas coming and I thought that I should upload something before the new year. I hope you guys end the year with no regrets and all the happiness in the world.