"We will provide your housing, so don't worry about that. Just design more and we'll present it to the rest of the members."

"Actually, Ms. Raymond-"

"Emilia, please. We're practically business partners."

"Well, Emilia, I live in New York. My store front is there and I can't just leave it behind."

"I see." She looked thoughtful.

"You won't have to actually live in Los Angeles, just reside here for 3 or so months. Just long enough to get your spring line going and get a few papers signed. Then you can work from wherever you want." she stated simply.

"3 months? I don't know..."

"What's holding you back?" Emilia questioned.

She's right. What is holding me back? My feelings for Richard? My boutique? I'm sure Richard can live for 3 months without me. He hasn't even called me this week, so obviously my presence isn't that important. I can manage my business over phone or e-mail. Isis can hold the place down. I've been looking to promote her anyway, and this was a once chance in a lifetime offer. I can't give it up. I just can't.

"I'll do it. "

"Great, let's get back to the department and I'll introduce you to everyone."

Everyone was really nice, and I couldn't wait to work with them. It was professional and organized. But now, I'm back at my hotel room packing my clothes. Emilia said that I could go home for a week to pack my stuff for the temporary move and say good bye to a few friends.

It was about 10pm when I finished packing and reading over the contracts. I was dead tired. I was heading for the bed when there was knock on the door. Really? Right when I was this close to the bed. I padded over to the door and pulled it open. It was surprising to see him standing there with a bouquet of magnolias.

"Steven, hi."

"Vivian, I know it was foolish of me to just leave like that but I had to meet with my Uncle for a business meeting. I apologize." He handed me the flowers.

"Oh, thank you. I thought we- that you- Well, I thought it was a one night stand." I said honestly.

He looked surprised then his expression turned solemn. "Is that what you want?"

"Yes- no, I didn't mean that. No."

"So which is it?"

"I just never thought about it to be honest. Please don't be angry."

"I'm not, Vivian. May I come in?" he asked politely.

I opened the door wider, and he stepped in. It was 10 at night and I allowed a man in my room. I am so smart. I went into the kitchen and put some water in a vase to place the flowers in. When I came back in the living room, Steven was sitting on the couch patiently. He looked at me as I set down the flowers and sat opposite him.

"Vivian, I know that you turned down any offer of a date that night at the fashion show. But afterwards.. I'm sure I don't have to tell you what happened. Does that change things?"

"I guess it does. I'd be lying to you if I said I didn't," I cleared my throat as I blushed, " enjoyed it."

He smiled at me, not in a cocky way either. "I enjoyed it too. So I guess what I'm asking is if you'd like to go on a date with me?"

"I can't." His smile fell.

"What I mean is, I have a flight tomorrow. I have to go back to New York."