Chpt: 1 - Exposed!

You sat alone in the vast and empty cafeteria. You would've been outside training with the rest of your team, but today you just felt... different. You didn't feel like being in the presence of other people. You wanted to be alone. The one and only person you wouldn't mind having around was the Australian junker boy, Jamison Fawkes. Jamison, also known as the rebellious Junkrat, had been a member of your team for quite some time now.

You barely ever spoke with him, but when you did, you behaved weirder than ever. Well, of course you'd seem a bit odd around your crush! For a couple of months now, you've been deeply in love with Junkrat. You always told yourself that he wasn't always a good person and that you shouldn't put all of your trust in him. But you just couldn't let go! Your heart was absolutely stuck to him, like glue and paper. You just loved his enthusiasm. And for some odd reason, his insanity as well. Junkrat had been trying so hard for the past few months to become a better person. He even attempted to take a shower, for once! But no matter how hard he tried, he was always same old Jamison Fawkes.

Your daydream out the wide window disappeared as you heard the cafeteria door creak open slowly. You looked over at the door to see Bastion marching in. "Bweeep-Blop." Bastion beeped as he approached the paper towel dispenser by the door. "Hey, Bastion." You smiled and waved at the robot. He waved his stiff arm and his bird buddy chirped. Bastion gathered some paper towels and left the cafeteria. And there you were again, left alone to daydream.

Your daydream was about Junkrat, as it usually was. You daze off into the clear blue sky, dreaming about him... The silence protecting you from interruption. But once again, the door opened. It swung open quickly and hit the wall behind it with a loud SMACK! You twisted around to see who it was, but it wasn't someone... it was something. You yelped and covered your head as Junkrat's RIP-tire went zooming above your table, ricocheing off of walls right and left until it exploded right behind the counter. There was a loud crash, and dishes, silverware, and napkins went flying everywhere.

"UGH, not again," You mumbled as you stood up and walked over to the counter. "Oi! Sorry Sheila!" Your heart skipped a beat as you heard the familiar accent echoed into the cafeteria. You turned to see your crush, Junkrat, walking towards you. You giggled. "You really need to learn to control that wheel of yours, Jamie." You shook your head and smiled as you grabbed a broom and dusting pan. "It's  not a wheel, it's a tire! My RIP-Tire!" Junkrat crossed his arms, and then went to sit on one of the stools planted in front of the damaged kitchen. "Whaddya doin' mate? Ya don't work as a chef, ya know?" Junkrat stared you down as you held the broom in your right hand and the pan in your left. "Well, uh, I thought I would clean it up a bit so nobody got blamed.." You looked down at the ceramic shards scattered along the floor. "Awe, so ya protectin' me (Y/N)?" You blushed, the red in your face absolutely obvious. Junkrat noticed your beet-red face and smirked. "Somethin' wrong, Sheila? Ye got something to share?"

His amber eyes stared right through you, and he raised his bushy eyebrow. You immediately went back to cleaning, trying your best to simmer down your face. It was quiet for a few minutes. You hadn't heard a single noise since he nearly exposed you. You turned to check if he was still on the stool, but he wasn't. You gave a breath of relief and set down the broom and pan. You slipped your phone out of your pocket and unlocked it, revealing your wallpaper of an accurately drawn Junkrat on your home screen and lock screen. You checked your texts, and put it back in your pocket. Back to cleaning. All of a sudden, it seemed as if your phone was gone. With panic, you smacked your hand to your right back-pocket and your phone wasn't there. "Crap!" You growled as you searched the counter for it. "Oi... (Y/N). This yours?" You were caught off guard by Junkrat, who was sitting atop the oven the entire time. You looked up at him with a startled face as your hand slid off of your chest. "Damn, you scared me!" Junkrat turned on your phone. "No no no!" You jumped up trying to grab your phone, but he kept moving his hand in the other direction. "No, turn it off! Give it back! Arrgh, Jamie!!!" He glanced at you from the corner of his eye as the wallpaper showed itself to him. "Ha. I didn't know ya were fond of junkers.." He faced the phone to you. "Hm, 'specially this one."