An adoring smile on his face making the sweet dimple pop out. His honey gold eyes raking over me, taking in every detail.
"You look beautiful my love." He whispered quietly and I smiled up at him nervously stepping out of the room.
"Are you ready to go?" He asked, and I nodded.

His large hand rested softly on the small of my back as he led me out.
"I have a little surprise for you, as much as I'd like to stay in with you, I'm sure you'd like a chance to get out of the palace." He says leaning down to whisper it into my ear as we walk across the large door of the palace. The cool breeze blew against my skin ever so gently, whipping through my hair making a smile come to my face. I loved the cold, winter was my favourite season, fall not far behind the blowing colourful leaves. The pumpkins near every doorstep, but there was something about snow, it was pure, held an ethereal beauty beyond comparison. The sweet crisp cold air of these seasons always put me in a good mood. I could feel my cheeks redden due to the cold and I sniffled softly.

"Sire Knight, where will I be taking you tonight?" A man said bowing before him making my brows raise.
"Nowhere. Thank you, but I'll be driving my mate and I myself." Alaricus said sternly out stretching his hand before the man who quickly dropped keys into it.

"Goodnight." He bid us and Alaricus nodded in acknowledgment as I tried to smile at the man to ease his discomfort, he seemed positively frightened. We walked towards the gigantic black SUV, his large hand grabbing a hold of mine softly, the warmth ever present.

Alaricus held open my door for me and I smiled at him in appreciation, he ensured I was tucked in safely before walking gracefully to his own side sliding in.
"Ready?" He asked with a boyish grin, his perfect white teeth sparkling and I was tired to the point of being delirious, his breathtaking beauty wasn't helping my exhausted brain. I'd tried to take a nap, but my body refused to meet its own needs and getting no sleep last night meant I was nearly a zombie on a date.
"Yeah." I nodded, slightly dazed.

"Where are we going?" I asked turning to look at him as he backed us out of the large parkway.
"Nope, you aren't getting that one out of me." He said making me frown, we were taking the word surprise literally, fantastic. Well at least I liked surprises.

I closed my eyes resting my head back on the comfortable head rest, exhaling deeply. The soft sounds of the traffic filled my ears, Alaricus' intoxicating scent filling my senses, I wasn't sure when I had associated that scent with safety but at some point I had. Now that sense of safety had my head lolling to the side as I lost my fight to exhaustion, surrendering pitifully.

I wasn't completely sure how long it'd been since I quite basically knocked out, but an arm was wrapped around my waist firmly, tugging me gently, my head leant against a warm hard surface. My eyes opened blearily as I was plopped onto something firm, cocooned in warmth. My eyes lazily scanned my surroundings, until my brain caught up with my vision. Two large black leather seats were before me, the keys still in ignition, the windshield wipers occasionally wiping the windshield as light rain drizzled across it. I tried to sit up but two large arms wrapped around me firmly, pulling me back into my previous position.

Alaricus shushed me soothingly, and I craned my neck to see him looking down at me. His large muscled arms were wrapped tightly around my waist, as he lay back on the huge black seat. My body draped across his large form, his longs legs intertwined with mine, my head resting on his chest.
"Sleep my love, you're exhausted, we both could use a nap. We will get to dinner right after." He said softly into my ear pressing a kiss to the side of my throat where he'd gently pushed my hair away, his large rough fingers leaving a scorching trail behind.

I stretched slightly in his hold, turning around so that I could see him face clearly, I wrapped my arms around his strong waist, snuggling my face into his large broad chest, rubbing my cold nose against the warm skin exposed above the collar of his sweater. A shiver raked through him and he clenched his hands at my sides, before wrapping them around my hips holding me firmly onto him.
"Sleep my love." He whispered and I smiled softly, resting still closing my eyes again.