Gummy Worms

"Hey Will" Dustin said, greeting the boy when he came into the basement of the Wheeler home.

"Hey Will" Mike repeated the greeting.

"Hi guys" he said flashing a smile toward the boys. Just seeing him smile made Mike blush. He knew feelings were there on his part, but never in 1,000,000 years would he ever for a second think that Will thought about Mike as more than a friend.

"Sorry I was late, I stopped by the store before I came here." He said setting down a bag onto the table that we usually played DnD at. "Let's see, I have gummy worms, peach rings, pez, plain potato chips, barbecue potato chips, and..." he paused as he pulled out a two litre bottle from the plastic bag, "lemonade."

Mike looked up at Will and sent him a smile. Lucas hadn't arrived yet. The only other person in the room was Dustin, who knew about Mikes feelings toward Will.. and Will's feelings toward Mike.

Dustin grabbed the bag of gummy worms and tore them open, taking one and biting the pink half, leaving the blue in his finger tips. He ate the other half before standing up off the couch.

"I'm going to the bathroom, I'll be back" He said as he left the basement. Mike stood up from the floor and walked over to the gummy worms before taking one and eating it.

"Hey, can you give me one" Will asked, now laying on the couch.

"Ew, no. Why would I give you one" Mike joked with the other boy, sending him a false dirty look.

"C'mon Mike, please" Will pleaded, now sitting up.

"Come over here and get it yourself" Mike said, making fun of Will for his laziness. Will let out a small groan and stood up, walking over to Mike. When he reached for the bag, mike quickly grabbed it and held it close to his chest.

"What the heck Mike, just give me a god damn gummy worm" Will stated frustratedly. Mike stuck his tongue out and held the bag above his head, knowing Will was too short to reach.

"What are you gonna do now, Byers" Mike said, giving Will a smirk. He pulled another one out of the bag and stuck it half in his mouth, taunting Will with it.

Before Mike could process, Will was jumping on him, trying to knock him down and get the bag. He moved backwards but tripped on the staircase railing, tumbling to the ground. Will, being mid jump and pressed against mike collapsed on top of him.

Both boys let out pained groans as they laid there. Will regained his strength and pushed himself up a bit so he was now propped up on his hands. he still hovered over Mike who was a flustered mess. Will grabbed the bag out of Mike's hand and put one of the sugary sweets into his mouth.

"What are you gonna do now, Wheeler" Will mocked. Mike stared at Will's lips which were coated in sugar. He licked most of it off but there was still a small amount on the corner. Mike used his finger to brush it off and laughed lightly at Will.

"You had a little sugar on your lip" Mike said through his small laughs.

"I'm not the only one" Will said, smirking at the boy under him. Mike silently panicked, wiping his mouth off. He didn't feel anything and became confused. Now it was Will's turn to laugh.

"You little-" Mike started but was cut off by the sound of Lucas and Dustin jogging down the stairs. Neither of them knew what to do as the position that they were currently in seemed mildly promiscuous.

"Hey guys, Lucas is he-" Dustin started, but stopped once he saw Will and Mike. Both boys looked to Dustin, each knowing that he knew they liked the other. He just smirked and said "You could at least wait until you know you're alone to start making out".

Will quickly jumped away from Mike, rubbing the back of his neck and sputtering out sentences. "w-we weren't making out" "It's not- that's not what we were doing" "I just wanted a gummy worm"

Mike sat dumbfounded. Completely and utterly flustered over the combination of Will and what Dustin had just said.

---

sorry for any errors

I really don't like this part, I might unpublish it.