Yes? No? Probably not... (Psych Fan Fiction)

*1992* 

Gus could just barely hold it in. He had been holding his breath for nearly thirty seconds now, and he was just about to pass out.  

"Come on, Gus. Just tell me," a young Shawn whined. 

Gus shook his head and muttered something between his tightly closed lips. 

Shawn squinted his eyes and began to scan Gus' small frame. A single hole in his near perfecty pressed pants gave him the impression that Gus was hiding something big. When he looked up at his face, he saw his friend becoming blue.  

"Gus, breath!" Shawn demanded.  

Shawn had warned him too late. Gus fell to the ground below him. Shawn ran to his side, and began to violently shake him. 

"Gus... Gus! Wake up," Shawn yelled as he shook Gus' limp body.

Shawn's head whipped backwards as he heard his father's car pull into the driveway.  

"Dad, Dad," the boy called as he ran to his father's truck.  

Henry, who was still in uniform, became panicked when he saw his pale faced son running toward him. He looked behind Shawn and saw Gus splayed out on the grass. He quickly ran to the boy's side and check for a pulse. It was strong, but Gus was barely breathing. 

As he began compressions, he turned to Shawn.  

"What happened?" He demanded. 

"I told Gus that I knew he had a secret and he wouldn't be able to keep it. So he began to hold his breath so he literally couldn't say anything," Shawn admitted. 

Just then, Gus took a large gasp and began to choke as he awoke. Through his coughs, he muttered incoherently. Henry put his head up to Gus' mouth, and listened to what he muttered. 

Shawn, who was still pale from the ordeal, looked at his father. 

"What did he say?" Shawn asked. 

Henry lifted his head, "He said 'The treasures under the house.'" 

Shawn, who now looked excited, ran over to his home's front steps. He bent down to the first step and pulled the wooden board out of its frame. 

Henry yelled, "What are you doing?" 

Shawn put his slim arm through the hole and wiggled it around.  

"Got it!" He cheered.  

He pulled an object out of the hole and ran over to Henry. He held the object close to Gus' face and gloated. 

"I knew you had my gameboy!" Shawn cheered and ran off. 

Henry watched as his son ran back to the house, completely forgetting about Gus. 

When he turned around, Gus was gone. He was already up and chasing after Shawn. Henry sighed and walked back to his truck. Being a cop was less stressful than being Shawn's father.