026 | KAGEYAMA TOBIO [2]

Start from the beginning

"Fine. Tamori-kun made me trip on a wire and spill a cup of hot coffee to the President of Akashi Inc."

Tamori slaps his knees in the background, his other hand covering his mouth to muffle his laughter while Ushu's eyes widens. "You mean The Akashi Seijuro?!"

You smile. "Yes, and it was the first time we met."

He pulls the seat opposite of you and with a sheepish smile, he greets:

"Hey."

"How was work?" You ask him, eating out in a restaurant exclusive for business men, celebrities and politicians.

The red-hair scowls, rolling his eyes. "The new guy Kotaro keeps getting on my nerve."

You grow amused by his reply and wanted to see the new guy, the name sounding familiar in your ears. You grab his hands, rubbing it to remove a little bit of stress. "Don't stress too much Sei, he's just new. I'm sure he'll adjust in no time!" You assure him.

He chuckles, shaking his head. "Thank you, my love." Before he calls out a waiter and ordered food.

Akashi takes out his laptop, but you didn't mind him doing his work while eating dinner. "How's Asuma?" He questiond, gaze averting to the bright screen.

"The boy misses you Sei! You should video call him sometimes, he always annoys me to ask you to challenge him to a game." You exclaim. For the past week, Akashi was busy. His whole week was filled with countless appointments, meetings, and out of town business. It was also a pain to see their son since he studies in London.

The red-head cocks an eyebrow, a smug smirk plastered on his lips. "Really now? He'll just face defeat for the 479th time." Before he squints his eyes, glancing behind you.

"What's wrong Sei?"

He gives you a blank look before pointing something behind you. You turn around only to see Kageyama, chatting with his mistress. You hadn't seen him for a long time and many years have passed since you last saw him. His face got more stern, his figure getting more built but to you, it doesn't matter anymore since you have Akashi.

"I'm surprised that she's still with him."

Then, a young man comes into the scene and grimaces, sitting down at the opposite seat. Your heart clenches, seeing your son. For 15 years, he was hidden from the public. You really want your son to remember you, if he still does.

"Just go."

You spin around, eyes brimming with tears. "You haven't seen him for years now, right?" He smiles, leaning forward, giving you a peck on the cheek. "Go on."

You beam in thanks before standing up, taking small steps towards their table. Your palms are sweating cold with every step you took. But your son's laughter stops your anxiety. He has a blonde streak on his hair and you remembered when he was a child, he admired Nishinoya and wanted to have a blonde streak. His hair is dyed brown now too.
You stop midway, completely changing your mind and ran back to your seat.

When you peer up, you didn't see Akashi on his seat. You turn back to see your husband talking to Kageyama and Shu. The red-head points at you. Shu turns around, tears gathering in his eyes as he runs towards you, engulfing you in a tight embrace.

"Kaa-chan." The boy trembles in your embrace as you give Akashi a wide smile.

"Shu..." He flinches and a memory strucks automatically, like it was programmed to show him.

"Daddy? Why are you leaving?" Shu's soft yet little voice interupts his father from taking away all his belongings and turns around, hugging his son.

"Shu, I will come back for you, okay? Don't believe your mother on anything she says bad about me." Kageyama ruffles his son's hair before taking all his luggage and went down, slamming the door close.

Shu flinches and slowly walks down the stairs with a creak after each little steps as he sticks his head out the railings and stares at his mother whom is crying violently.

He trusted his father and just ignored his pained mother.

"Mom, I'm sorry about everything. I-I didn't know..." He trails off, breaking the hug.

You pat your son's back, gazing at Akashi who stopped Kageyama and his mistress from interupting your reunion.

You catch Kageyama's eyes. Smiling softly, you say:

"We meet again, Tobio."

this is part 2 of departures

fuk my life bc school is 2 days away, exo's comeback and new album will be released in june, and i'm crying.

i bought exact album, the lucky one version and chinese ver it's the only exact album left in the store too. I GOT SEHUNNIE's pHOTOCARD I AM THA LUCKY ONE LMAO JK

this one shot is shitty, i know.