025 | KAGEYAMA TOBIO

one shot is titled— DEPARTURES

one shot is titledDEPARTURES

edited as of 07/20/2020

inspired by the song departures by EGOIST

mou anata kara aisareru koto mo hitsuyou to sareru koto mo nai soshite watashi wa kou shite hitoribocchi de.

i'm no longer loved by you,
i'm no longer needed by you
and thus, just like this... i'm alone.

Your body fell to the ground, failing to breathe air into your lungs. You bit your lips to the point that blood oozed out it. The memories of being together, was that nothing to him? Or did he just used you, knowing that you were an asset to his career, a rare weapon that not anyone could hold or touch, except for him.

Then why? Why was he there during your despair, during the moments that you were down? When the both of you needed each other? Why did he leave you? Was all of those precious moments fake?

Reality brought you back when the thunder boomed through your house. Your tears flowed down like the raging waterfalls as you faced your shared bed. You desperately clutched to the white satin sheets, his scent still imprinted on the fabric.

Nostalgia glistened in your eyes as you backed away and slammed the door shut. Staggering down the stairs, you clutched your head tightly and entered your son's room, sliding down the door.

ano toki anata wa nante itta no?
todokanai kotoba ha chuu wo mau
wakatteru noni kyou mo shiteshimau
kanawanu negai goto wo.

what was it that you said back then?
those words which didn't reach me now dance in the heavens.
although i know it very well, i continue
to make a wish that will never come true.

Slowly, your feet guided you to your son's bed as you fell on the soft furniture. Staring at the ceiling, you remembered the words he used to say,

"I'll never let you go. I promise."

You heared the sweet nothings that he whispered to you back then, which was now nothing to him, the words dancing on the heavens gracefully, freely, like it was released from a cage. Your gaze averted to the picture frame sitting on the as you reached a hand and hugged the photo.

"Please come back to me, Tobio."

hanasanaide
gyutto te wo nigitteite
anata to futari tsudzuku to itte
tsunaida sono te ha atatakakute
yasashikatta.