Truth

"Your parents are gone."

I stood there silently for a moment, trying to understand what I was hearing. My parents were dead? It couldn't be true!

"How could they be dead? They'd never do this...why?" I started to ask so many questions to Gabe's mom, but she only shook her head sadly.

"They were killed the day you went into the game. They wanted to bring you back, but the game makers refused and they killed them." She said quietly.

I looked at Gabe's mom in horror. "How could they do this!?" I said in an agonized hushed voice. My eyes started to get watery and I knew it would be seconds before I would break.

Gabe's mom knew she should probably leave, so she walked down the hallway and down the stairs. "You will always be welcome to stay here, Savannah. I am sorry." She said before disappearing down the steps.

Stunned, I mindlessly went to Gabe's room and was immediately facing Gabe who had a worried expression. "What happened?" He asked.

"My family is dead. All because of the game makers." I said grimly with a sniffle. At that moment I remembered how much pain the game makers had caused me, how cruel they could be, and how much I hated them for what they did.

I felt hands cup my face and saw sweet green eyes meet mine. "I hate what they did you. " I said with my voice shaking from the memory. They had killed off all of my friends in the excuse of an experiment and had controlled them to fight against me.

"I hate what they did to all of you." I said, more meaningfully.

"I know," Was all Gabe said, but it was what happened after that explained it all. I watched as those beautiful green eyes lost focus, remembering what it had seen those years ago.

I suddenly blacked out and found myself in misty surroundings. Without a doubt, I knew exactly where I was. It was the battle that I had sacrificed myself in, but this time I was being held in some type of chamber.

I then realized why I was here. Gabe had shared his memory with me, and I was living through it in his own perspective. My surroundings weren't clear, and I felt like I couldn't do anything or had control over anything. Soon enough, the chamber opened and I hit the floor immediately, not even being able to move to protect myself from the impact.

It took a while, but I then started to make out muffled words in the distance. I assumed it was myself, since along with me was only the game maker. I then heard a clear sound; a snap. I felt myself rise from the ground without command and stare forward blankly. A rush of emotions suddenly crashing into me when my eyes came to myself. I felt the urge to come towards the girl that happened to be me but finding I couldn't control myself. So this is what it felt like to not have control over your own body. I thought sadly, figuring out that this was Gabe's mind.

"Attack her." The words ring clear in my mind and immediately I felt myself running towards my target with a weapon. I watched as my own body was slowly getting beaten, and feeling overwhelming agony come across myself. I then heard the agonized screams that were never heard during the battle.

No! Don't hurt her!

Why can't I stop myself!?

Why aren't you fighting back, Leaf? Just attack us so you can protect yourself!

The last two thoughts left me stunned for a moment. He would rather get hurt before me? The thought warmed my heart, but at the same time made me feel worried for him.

As I watched myself do Sacrifice, I felt the energy flow back into me and felt oblivious to the world for just a few moments.

I then gained consciousness and saw my own body lying lifelessly on the floor. I felt the rush of grief come over myself again even more painfully now that I was in more control, knowing that anything that I did was in vain.

Finally, the world wavered in my vision and I was back staring into pained green eyes. I wrapped my arms around Gabe and gave him a tight hug. "I don't care what happens to me, I will always make sure you are safe." He says quietly, fragile to knowing he had shared his memory.

"I know that now." I replied, and I grabbed his hand. "But know that I don't want you to get hurt either. " He smiled, a simply relieved smile that made me grin with happiness.

----------

"When should we tell everyone the news?" I asked Gabe, who was texting Jason T. on his phone. "How about tomorrow? It'll be only Sunday so we can probably all meet up. Well make it sometime at noon." I nodded in response and sat on the bed.

"What should we do to surprise them?" I asked with a hint of mischief. Gabe smiled and quietly told me what I should do, and my eyes lit up with glee. "Got it. "

The get together was going to be at the park around 5:00 in the afternoon. Gabe was already asking everyone who was going to be able to come and he was quickly getting replies.

"Ok, so Megan, Lizzie, and Jason T. can come so far. I'm just waiting for Christopher and Jason N. " He said, and I nodded in response.

"I'm going to go for a walk right now, to clear my head. " I said quietly, closing the door behind me. Gabe hummed in response and I went on my way.

The moment I stepped onto the cold sidewalk, I dashed off across the road to a place I hadn't been to in a long time.

A really long time.