Part 1(Laurisa)

Requested by nikkijo41

----------------------------------------------------

Lauren's POV

I fiddled with the lock, my fingers trying to enter the combination as quick as possible. 32-2-32. The locker rattled open, and I grabbed my books. Physics. Pre Calc. English. Lisa was supposed to pick me up from school today, and I couldn't let her see them. Them. The bullies. I knew she would freak and go boxer mode on them.

I felt a silly smile plaster itself onto my face as I pictured Lisa in my mind. Her short, edgy hair. Her brilliant smile, that could thaw even my stone cold heart. Her lanky figure, accentuating her toned legs. Her perfectly proportionate face.Snap out of it Lauren. More time to dream about Lisa later.

I threw my backpack over my shoulder, not pausing to think about the weight of my textbooks
I walked briskly to the enterance of the school, and instantly stopped. They were waiting. They beat me. I closed my eyes, but not because I was anticipating a fist. High school girls were smarter than that. Bruises went away, scars faded, and Advil could save anything. No, high school girls were smarter than that. They targeted a place that didn't heal as easily. The soul.

"Hey, gay freak! I saw you staring at your big sister at the mall last week. You better pray that God forgives your incestuous ass or you're gonna rot in hell. Not that I'd mind. Or anyone else, really."

I tried to close my eyes and avoid the constant jeers. Imagine that Lisa's hugging you. Her long arms enveloping you, snuggled under that pink monkey blanket. Watching Aladdin for the millionth time. Her fuzzy bathrobe brushing against your skin. But even Lisa's memory couldn't block out the next set of insults,

"What's worse than taking your cousin to prom? Being in love with your older sister! At least she's got something going for her. She's smart, hot, and funny- what makes you think she'd ever love you?"

I couldn't control the steady flow of tears falling down my face. Damn me for being semsitive. The truth of their words slowly clawed at my heart, and I felt myself being eaten alive.I faced the opposite direction, and prayed that Lisa was almost here. Suddenly, I heard a scream,

"YO. YES YOU. THE GIRL WITH THE WANNABE ASS. COME OVER HERE. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!"

I saw Lisa march out of her car, towards the girls. My heart dropped to my feet. If Lisa said something, the bullying would just get worse. And she could get hurt. She continued to scream as she walked forward,

"NOW YOU LISTEN TO ME. AND YOU LISTEN REAL HARD. YOU. ARE. NOTHING. BRINGING SOMEONE DOWN TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOUR PATHETIC LIFE? I WISH I COULD FEEL BAD FOR YOU, BUT YOU OBVIOULSY BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELF. IF YOU KNEW WHAT WAS GOOD FOR YOU, YOU WOULD RUN. RUN FAR AWAY. AND DON'T LAY YOUR UNWORTHY EYES ON HER AGAIN."

Lisa's fist slammed into her face, causing blood to instantly pour out. My bully's body dropped to the floor in slow motion, and the voice in the back of my head instantly reverted back to the karate movies. Lisa wiped the drops of blood from her fist, and immediately walked over to me. Her expression changed from anger to care in a second. Without a second thought, she scooped me up and carried me to her car, my bullies still watching.

I sat in the car, still sobbing. Lisa looked at me with her chocolate brown eyes and pressed her lips firmly against mine. I initially tensed up, my heart racing at the sudden contact. I eased into the kiss, and felt a rush of pleasure. My lungs burnes in protest, but my senses took over.

Lisa pulled away, her face still inches from mine. She leaned forward and kissed my cheekbone. She whispered,

"I'm gonna wipe those tears away, because they hurt my heart."

I closed my eyes again as Lisa kissed every single one of my tears. And then they were gone. Just like that. Nonexestinent. Her lips brushing against my salty tears. She pulled away, and began to drive home. I smiled. I was safe with her.