Taxi Cab

The wind was slashing by Tyler's face and screaming in his ears and yet he wasn't thinking about anything. He just wanted everyone to remember him for who he was, and not for who they saw him as. Just as soon as he was there he woke up. In a small bed in a stuffy room with light gleaming through the window. There was a light buzzing noise and Tyler quickly realized it was his phone. He grabbed it to see a text from Josh. Josh had light blue hair, and Mocha eyes and eye brows that sat perfectly on his face and lips that curled up just slightly at the ends to form a very faint smile.
"Wanna Skype?"
The text read and Tyler smiled and rushed to his computer. They weren't close enough to meet up everyday but every other weekend they tried. Tyler and Josh spent they day talking of funny things of scary thing but over all their things. Their secrets.
Tyler yawned and realized they have been talking for well over 10 hours.
If it wasn't for the need to sleep and rest yourself Tyler could talk to josh forever if he could.
"Goodnight Josh"
"Night Tyler. And don't be afraid of your dreams they are just nightmares." Josh always said that before he hung up because Tyler often told Josh of his terrible nightmares.
He hung up the call and dragged his body over to his bed. Where he would inevitably dream once again.
His breath was being striped from his lungs and tears ripped from his eyes, but he felt at peace. Everything he should have said and could've said didn't matter anymore he was flying. He woke up to the loud banging sound of his head. The voices screamed. They screamed things that Tyler dreamt about. That's when Tyler made his mind. He was going to fly.
He ran out of his house faster than his legs would carry him down the road to the cliff where he would sit and think.
"I am going to fly"
His lungs burned when he leapt from the edge.
"I am going to die or I am going to fly away from here."

Sirens. In the cold air the only noise was sirens. Josh woke up and turned on the news to see the head line. "The body of the boy who fell from the cliff has been identified as Tyler Joesph."
Josh's breath caught in his lungs and he ran from his house to his car and drove all the way to Tyler.
Josh was in the 15 minutes out of the city when a dinging started. "FUCK!! NOT NOW!" Josh yelled as the gas light kept furiously pinging. Josh drove as far as he could before the engine sputtered and died. He checked his phone. It was only 11:30 am. He called a cab because he needed Tyler. Closure he needed closure.

The men loaded Tyler's lifeless body into the back of the car. The trip to the morgue was always the saddest. For the men that drove the car they were the moments when the last bit of life drained from the body. They were the moments when they reflected on the lives of the people they never got to meet. This ride was more sad than usual. Because Tyler was so young and not even 2 years ago was full of a lust for life.
"I always knew nights were hard for people" the man driving the car said
"But what they never realize if that night can only last for so long just like problems. I just wish that we could save people from whatever fate they meet and they could try again."
Josh had been staying in Tyler's house in Tyler's room and confiding
with Tyler's parents. Crying. Sharing. Remembering Tyler for who he was. The days leading up to the funeral were the hardest. The slight curl that Josh's lip usually had was gone.
The day of the funeral Tyler's body was being taken to get buried and the line of cars behind the hearse was long and full of tears that people were trying their hardest to hold in during the service. Tyler felt himself look over the box, but nobody saw it. Tyler was watching everybody but they couldn't see him.
"Am I alive" Tyler whispered
But yet there was no answer
"Guys. Am. I. Alive!" Tyler yelled this time. To no avail. They simply couldn't hear him. He looked out the back window at the line of cars following behind and Tyler realized that he was about to watch his own burial. He felt that already absent color drain from his face and out his toes. He stood up and walked right out the back of the hearse. He looked inside the first car to see a boy with light blue hair and teary mocha eyes. Tyler stepped into the passenger seat. He watched Josh. Josh let out a few tears but even though Josh thought he was alone in the car he still wasn't letting himself cry like he was being strong for someone. He was mouthing words to himself like he was trying to remember an important speech.
They pulled up to a cemetery and there was a spot ready. Josh helped carry the coffin of his dead best friend over to the site. Josh took a seat in the first row on the edge. Tyler stood right beside Josh and just watch it all unfold. The pastor spoke with words that he didn't mean for the people he didn't care about. But something happened in this moment that made Tyler want to take back everything that has unfolded in the past few days. The boy with the light blue hair stood up and said
"I have one final thing to say"
He choked on every word he spoke and every word he said felt more pained. And the final thing the blue hair boy could speak was
"If the morning sun could've rose faster maybe it could've saved you, and maybe I could've been the one to wash away all the blood you let out, but I couldn't and I am sorry. I wish I could undo it all."