O N E

In the summer of 2014, Faith Haven fell to her death. In the bright, sunny, and joyful Sunday— near the beach house her family and her friends' family stayed in, on a cliff they were supposed to jump on.

Not fall from.

And it was an accident; purely an accident.

The heat was almost unbearable. Her friends decided to jump from the nearest cliff and swim. It was nearly fifteen feet above water. While they playfully pushed each other, waiting for the food to cook and their parents exchanging conversations.

They were laughing until she volunteered to go first.

They were laughing until she stood on the edge of the cliff.

But they didn't hear the ground crack, they continued to laugh.

Until the ground she stood on broke.

She didn't jump, she fell.

And god, did that fall turned her whole around. She fell and while on the process of falling and waiting for her inevitable fall that leads to her death, the somehwat large part of the edge of the cliff that broke, hit her right on the head.

The moment she landed on the water, she wasn't even conscious anymore. She was more or less dead.

And they screamed. They screamed bloody so abruptly. They screamed in horror just as the adults rushed to them, a look of worry in their faces. Her friends pointed down the water with tears streaming in their face, unable to accept or comprehend what had just happpened, unable to utter a word.

The adults look down and took in sight of her lofeless body afloat, her crimson red blood pooling her and staining the once crystal blue water from below.

Her mother saw.

Her mother screamed in such a way that it could have made their ears bleed; she fainted as she caught sight of her daughter's body floating on the surface of water.

No one could call the paramedics for help, they were too much in shock. The bright sun no longer resembled their day. With no doubt, just the sight of her lifeless body afloat on the surface of water, her blood still staining all over the crystal blue green water where she landed, the sight itself was enough to confirm that she's dead.

They called the paramedics to take her body, once one of them had let the situation sink in, and soon the police arrived as well, but the sad thing is– it was an accident. No other complications and no one to blame. Yet, it wasn't too long until there were police and sirens.

Everyone was in the state of shock.

It was so abrupt.

No one saw it coming.

She died, and she did so abruptly.