Chapter 13

"Jake these are perfect!" I say to him the next day. It is after school and we are getting all of the things ready for the wedding, buying the small little details.

"Babe, it's just wood." He says, sighing. He is getting quite irritated, I am too.

"Yes but for what we are doing, it will be perfect."

"What are you even planning on doing?"

"For the hundredth time, we are going to paint in white the verse from 1 Corinthians about love and separate them onto the wood and put them at each row of the chairs."

"That sounds cool."

"I've already explained this to you millions of times."

"I know, I just don't usually pay attention."

"Are you serious? Do you even know what we are doing for our wedding?"

"Obviously I do, there are just sometimes that I don't pay attention."

I don't say anything to that and we go to find the Mason jars that we are going to put turquoise ribbon around and have flowers coming out of it for the tables at the reception.

By the time we are done, we have everything we need. Now we just have to go home and get everything ready.

Today is Wednesday and Jake and I are getting married on Friday. It's our by week, which is why we wanted this weekend so that Jake could be there you know since he is the groom.

Tomorrow is the rehearsal dinner and Jake and I are skipping school to put everything and get everything set up for the wedding. I'm so excited for this wedding.

On the way home, we stop and get sonic before going home since we are most likely going to be up late and don't have time to make anything. 

Once we get our food, Jake continues to drive home. When we reach our apartment, Jake carries in the stuff that we bought and I carry the food. I unlock the door and walk in, turning on the lights. Jake sets the stuff down on the couch and I shut and lock the front door. 

"Ready to get started?" I ask him, joining him on the floor. 

He nods and I get the paint and brushes. On the wood squares that we bought, I paint the verses from 1 Corinthians about love and how love is patient and doesn't boast and that sort of thing. While I am doing this, Jake is making the place cards. Everyone responded and we are going to have a lot of people at our wedding. We invited the band, color guard, football team, teachers close to us, and our friends that aren't in the stuff that we are in. Of course, our family is also invited so we definitely have a lot of people. 

After I finish painting, I then start to work on the mason jars. This, I think, is my favorite part of the wedding decorations. We are wrapping turquoise colored ribbon around the jar and having white flowers coming out of them. They're going to be in the middle of every table at the reception and I can't wait to put them there. 

Jake and I work pretty hard for the rest of the night, going to bed around 2 am, knowing that it is going to be a long day ahead of us tomorrow. 

&&&&

Thursday

The next day, I wake up to my morning sickness as always. After I finish with that, I take a quick shower before deciding what to wear. 

Today is going to be long. Our parents and grandparents are meeting us at my parents beach house and we are going to set up for the wedding. Then tonight, we are going to a dinner at a restaurant as kind of the rehearsal dinner, just not really rehearsing. It's kind of where we just eat and talk and enjoy the night before Jake and I get married. Then I will go with my mom and stay there and Jake will come home to stay with the guys and we will see each other at the beach house tomorrow.