Local Trader Taken Prisoner

| Reader's POV |

Matt was tired, walking a long distance really does a number on you, but he had to do this. He had to get medicine from this city that he couldn't get from his own, the problem is though, this is where the king resides. He'd much rather stay far, far away from this place. This is where people die the most, the king wouldn't hesitate to kill someone in cold blood if they didn't kneel under his gaze, or follow a simple order to pass him a fork. It sickened Matt. How'd this asshole even become royalty and why hasn't anyone dethroned him yet? He only wants to make everyone and everything miserable. That's his one and only goal, that and to stay in power for as long as he lives. Matt sighed under his breath, guess he'll never know. No one can stop him, no one's brave enough to. Whatever, its not like Matt is any different. Going against the king is wishing for death, you're better off going on a fancy date with a blood thirsty shark. Matt shook his head of these thoughts, he's only making this visit worse for himself. He looked around the various broken down shops and buildings, bullet holes and blood stains coating each and every wall he came across. Still, he kept walking, ignoring the pleading and scowling looks of the people he walked passed. He was different compared to them, he wasn't really thin, his clothes weren't ragged and he wasn't trapped here. He had a pass that he could flash to the guards to escape this horrid land. And boy, can he not wait to flee.

Matt looked up at the only building that looked safe, the only building that wasn't tainted in some way. Yes, the castle. Well, in a way it was tainted in every way since the king lived inside. But it was the one place where Matt did and did not want to be. This was the only place where Traders can trade, this is the only place where the king lives. The king judges everyone who entered, everyone he came across, Matt was no different. Matt took a deep breath and forced himself to wear a smile before entering the building, posture was everything. Inside was various booths chalk full of goodies and grub. Things that people can only dream of having are on these booths. Matt had to ignore every one of them to get to the pharmacist booth. The one booth he really needed to go to, sure, he could grab something for Stephanie but that'd mean staying in here longer than Matt would have liked and he really doesn't want to do that. He picks up a bottle of paracetamol, an inhaler and a packet of sleeping tablets, and before he could ask about the medicine he came for in the first lace the doors at the very end of the room swung open, revealing the one and only Nathan Sharp. Matt cursed under his breath as everyone began kneeling down. Too bad he couldn't, if he did he wasn't sure if he'd be able to stand back up, his legs were too sore and tired. Nathan's almost black eyes locked with his chocolate brown. Matt gulped, he was royally fucked.

Nathan, or Nate as he liked to call himself, stared this Trader down. His perfect look meaning nothing to Nate's all black. The. Trader. Wasn't. Kneeling. Who the hell did he think he was? Does he even know who Nate was? Everyone does. They all should. And if they didn't? They would. The Trader was the first to break eye contact, looking away from Nate and doing his best to get down on the floor in a kneeling position. Too late for that, Trader. Nate looked to Mark, one of his most trusted and valuable guardsman. Mark nodded at Nate before making his way over to the Trader. Nate smirked, ah, how he loved it when he got disobeyed, it just means that he got to show people who owns the place and how it's run. The Trader looked at Mark in fear before getting up and bolting. This has now turned into a game. A hunt.

"Seize him and being him to me, I want him ASAP!" Nate ordered to his guards, every one of them nodded. Mark ran after the Trader first before the others. Nate crossed his arms, now he had to play the waiting game, waiting for his guards to bring back today's prey. How fun. Nate took to leaning on the wall, his mind going to places he wished weren't there. The Trader didn't look half bad, sure he was a bit on the skinny side. But that was all. He had these perfect brown eyes and the fluffiest looking brown hair, Nate laughed, he looked too pure and innocent. Too cute to just kill off. I wonder what it'll take to break him? Nate was willing to find out, no matter the cost, because he always got what he wanted in the end. Although, this'd be one of the first times in which he'll take someone as his personal prisoner instead of just killing them outright, which isn't that bad, but he has an image to hold up. So he'd better go about this carefully. Nate looked to the entrance of his castle. Where the Trader had ran out from. Thinking about being careful, what was he doing letting people trade and sell their wares here anyway? This was supposed to be a place that people feared, not a place where people can hang out. Even though this is the safest place in the whole city and the only way to get business is to 'rent out' his entryway to commoners. He shook his head, he was thinking about that Trader, why did his mind suddenly go from him to his business? God knows. Nate kept his eyes on the door, waiting for his guards to drag in the pest so that Nate can deal with him himself. The thought brung a wicked smirk to his face.
A minute later the entry doors burst open, Mark had the Trader hand cuffed and gagged. The sight of the Trader like that sent shivers down Nate's spine. He looked delightful. Absolutely delightful. Mark brought the Trader over to Nate, the Trader fought against Mark and did all he could to escape, but it was all in vain. Nothing can free him except death, he only wished that Nate would make it quick. Mark shoved the Trader to the ground in front of Nate. He glared up at Nate who only gave a toothy grin in return. It sent a wave of fear over the Trader. Nate looked at Mark who looked at Nate with a proud smile. Nate would have to reward him for this.
"Thank you, Mark"

"Anything for you, my king" Mark replied with a salute.

"Can you do one last thing for me though?" Nate commanded, as if it wasn't even a question.

"Anything"

"Take this Trader to my room and make sure he can't escape, I wish to speak to him later. Alone"