Day 15: I Need To..

"Jack wake up!"

I opened my eyes. I saw Mark shaking me to wake up. I got up with my shirt off and walked to the door, I saw Mark stare at me as if I was crazy. I didn't even realize that I just walked past him. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around quickly to see him standing right behind me. I jumped back and caught my balance. 

"Go take a shower, you smell horrible."

"That's because I haven't taken a shower in weeks! That's the last thing I need to worry about." I growled at Mark

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me downstairs. At least it wasn't to the bathroom.

"I try to be nice and this is what I get? That's no way to treat a crazy person is it? I thought you would have learned from your lesson before."

I stumbled and almost fell down the stairs, he had a iron grip so I couldn't and wouldn't fall. 

I was flung to the couch and he walked away. I stayed there just wondering what he was doing. He grabbed a knife and walked towards me. I ran for my life and hid in the corner of somewhere. He wasn't going after me anymore but towards the thermostat. He shoved the knife in there making the house lose power for a second but it came back on, but it was extremely cold, and Mark was no where found. 

It was about 10 minutes later and my breath cold be seem from a few feet from my lips. I was shivering cold and sniffled every 5 seconds. I didn't have a shirt on and there was nothing for me to hide under. I just sat there on the couch trying to build heat, but failed miserably. I had found that Mark ran to his heated room, snuggled in the bed. He was sleeping, but the door was locked to the house, so I couldn't leave. 

I looked around for something to heat me up, but instead found my dog. I walked over to him sleeping, not knowing how he was handling the cold so well. I smiled still walking over to him sleeping on his bed. I ducked down, rubbing his ears. 

"I wish I had your fur coat, Gizmo."

"It looks so warm."

"Hey, Gizmo? Why won't you wake up?"

I violently shake my dog, trying to get him awake. I flip him over to his eyes bloodshot, and his paws standing straight out. He wasn't breathing, his stomach just lay flat, and his body so frail. He looked skinny, he hasn't eaten in weeks. I totally forgot about him.

I started crying, my crying getting louder by the minute. I was now in the corner sobbing as I heard footsteps coming closer to me. I look up terrified, knowing it was Mark.

 He looked angry. Like REALLY angry. I woke him up from sleeping, another mistake. 

"Why are you crying?!" He yelled at me

I only flinched and fell on my back. He had a blanket wrapped around his body. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me up to his room, not my room. He threw me on his bed and walked to his closet, pulling out an extra blanket. He gave it to me and turned off the lights. He walked around to the other side of the bed, and layed down. 

"I just wanted some sleep Jack. I haven't slept in days." 

I felt horrible for what I did. He has some papers that he has to deal with, and with what money that we have left, we still have to pay for bills and food. Which we are running out of money fast. 

I didn't move a muscle as I heard Mark start to snore, meaning asleep. 

It felt good to have someone next to me. Who is warm and isn't trying to kill me. But why did he suddenly become super nice all of a sudden. He didn't slap me or anything. He allowed me to sleep with him in his warm room, with a heater and blanket's. 

"No..no please..don't." I look over to see Mark perfectly asleep

Then who said it? I listened for anything else, but something else came.

"No please..stop..he doesn't deserve..it..he doesn't deserve what you did to him.."

"Please make her stop..come fast..I-I can't do it.."

"Why didn't you stop..why didn't you fight back.."

"We would all be fine if you weren't with her.."

They got more serious as they went on.

"Please help me..I can't do this anymore.."

"I love you so much.."

"Why did this have to happen to me.."

"I don't understand..help..me..u n d e r s  t   a    n      d.."

I heard snoring, instantly. I wanted to cry, but didn't want to wake Mark. I fell asleep, feeling sorry for Mark.

~Time skip~

I woke up again, with the sun shining on my face. I look over and see Mark sleeping. I got up carefully not to wake him, grabbing the blanket with me. I went downstairs and started breakfast. Forgetting that we had hot water and fire on the stove that could of helped. I was still sniffling non-stop. I went upstairs to my room to grab my phone which was still on my computer. I layed in my bed, putting my phone down so the notifications would stop forming. I haven't uploaded a video in weeks. My friends are probably worried sick about me. But they are millions of miles away from me.

I closed my eyes for a minute, remembering what Mark had said yesterday in his sleep. I wish I could have snuggled up to him and made him feel better.

I heard a door slam, as my eyes shot open. I see that Mark door is closed. Why did he shut it? I got up and walked towards his room. The bathroom's light is on though. I walked towards it, poking my head from the side to look inside. I see Mark, looking in the mirror, with his hands on the edge of the sink. He looked, tired. Shocked. Angry. Sad. Blank..all at the same time. He opened the cabinet and took out a bottle. Pulling out 4 capsules, taking them all and putting them back. I ran back to my room, but heard the door slam behind me. Looking behind me, I hear gagging. He was still in there, making it even more terrifying. I heard heaving, but it was forced. I could hear punches, on something soft. Then it turned to try heaving, until I finally heard him throw up. 

I knocked on the door, only to hear hard punches again. Then it stopped. Guessing he finally realized that I knocked.

"Jack?"

"Mark, are..are you okay?"

"I'm fine Jack, just..uh..have a cold."

That ain't no fucking cold Mark. I saw you take those pills and now you're lying to me?

"Okay Mark, do you want anything to eat?"

"Um..eggs and something to drink would be nice please. Thank you."

What the fuck was that?! Why is he so nice all of a sudden?! Is it because of those pills?

Regardless I went downstairs and cooked breakfast for Mark. I had lost my appetite from where I heard him punching himself, and heaving. I set it up on the table, with a glass full of orange juice. As I did I heard Mark come down with a blanket wrapped around him, as did I. I pulled it off of me and put it around Mark's back. 

"Thank you so much Jack."

I smiled and sat down next to him. I didn't care if I was cold, Mark looked so depressed. 

"Aren't you cold?"

"No, you need it more than I do."

He started eating and I watched him as he swallowed his food, and taking a drink every few bites. 

"Jack.."

"Hm?" I turn up to meet his eyes

"I need to say something.."

"Okay." I had a smile put on my face so he could think as if he could tell me anything. 

"I need to..I..I need..I need to a-.."

"Jack I need to apologize."