1

Kelani Talia Rios:

"Lani get up!" My twin brother, Kolton, yelled.

I opened my eyes, waiting for him to walk out so I could get ready for school.

I got up and put on:

I did my everyday makeup routine, leaving my hair in its natural curls

"Lani! Hurry the fuck up!" Kolton yelled.

"I'm coming" I said, barely audibly

I grabbed my bookbag and rushed down the stairs.

"Why are you so slow?" Kolton asked as we got in the car.

I just shrugged and put on my seatbelt.

•••••

Everyone in class was either talking, making out, or something else. I, on the other hand, was drawing in my sketch book. Our teachers don't really notice, or care, about what we're doing before class. But when class starts, they expect you to be ready to listen.

"Alright class settle down" said the booming voice of my teacher, Mr. Johnson.

"Today we will have a new student joining us." He said as a boy with dark brown hair, crystal blue eyes, pink, plump lips, and fair skin walked in.

"Class, this is Benjamin Gr-" Mr. Johnson started saying until the new kid cut him off.

"Hayes. I go by Hayes not Benjamin" he corrected him.

"Well then, this is Hayes, not Benjamin, Grier"

"Take a seat next to Kelani. Kelani raise your hand" he said.

I slowly raised my hand and the new kid walked over to the empty desk next to mine, a smirk attached to his face. He sat down in the empty chair desk, looked at me, and flashed a smile.

"Hi, I'm Hayes. What's your name again?" He said.

"K-kel-l-lani" I said barely audibly.

"What was that?"

I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote my name on it instead of trying to say it again.

"Oh Kelani. That's a very pretty name" he said cause my cheeks to have a pinkish tint.

"Aww look I made you blush!" He said before poking my cheek causing me to swat his hand away and giggle a little.

•••••

"Kelani! Wait up!" I heard Hayes call as I was headed towards the cafeteria.

"Do you want to go with me to McDonalds instead of eating this disgusting school food?" He asked.

I simply nodded. He smiled and grabbed my hand leading me out of the school.

We walked to his car, which was a matte black Range Rover, and got in.

"So Kelani, tell me about yourself"

•••••
Bloop Bloop👀