"Do you think there's a chance of them getting back together?"

"I don't know." And I really didn't know. We didn't even know if the cancer was gone yet...and I wasn't going to give him any false hope-  nor myself for that matter.

"You know, I hate that Mom is sick and all, and I'm so scared she's not going to make it, but this is the closest we've been to being a family again since Mom and Dad split up."

"Yeah, I know...I hope everything works out."

"Me too. You leaving?"

"Yeah," I nodded, standing up again. "I have a little more homework to do, and I have to call Bella. I'll be back tomorrow night."

"Are you gonna stay tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I think so. I promised Jazzy we'd watch one of her movies together."

"She sucked you in too huh?"

"I guess so." I chuckled, walking towards the door. "I'll see you tomorrow night."

"Ok, see you."

I left his room, doing that little skip down the stairs and walked through the hall to the living room.

"Do you need anything before I go?" I asked Mom, but I saw Dad there, sitting beside her holding her hand.

"No, it's ok. Thank you though. You heading out?"

"Yeah, but I'll be back tomorrow, like usual. Do you need me to pick Jazzy up?"

"Sure, if you want. She'd like that." Dad nodded, smiling over at me. "Be careful going home."

"I will be. Bye."

"Bye, I love you." Mom said, smiling up at me, whle my eyes flickered back and forth between their hands and her face.

"Love you too." I smiled back, then turned around, pulling out my keys from my pocket and opened the door to the front of the house, closing the door behind me and headed down to my car.

My homework wasn't due for a few days...so I could just call Bella and talk to her for a while...

I turned up the radio, tapping my fingers on the steering wheel, and then I recognized the song, smiling ear to ear.

It was One More Night - by Bella's favorite band. The song we had sang together at her piano.

God I missed her.
And I knew there was a party happening tonight, but I wasn't going. Mom was right. I had to remember Bella.

When I got home, I locked the door behind me, going into my fridge for a drink, and I stared for a moment, grabbing a soda instead if the beer I had planned on getting and sat down on the couch, pulling out my phone to call Bella.

She had already called - probably when I had cranked my radio up in the car.

I dialed her number, leaning back and smiled when she picked up on the first ring.

"Hey, I'm sorry I missed when you called. I was in the car and I had the radio cranked up pretty loud. Our song was on."

"Our song?"

"Yeah, One More Night. That Maroon 5 song."

"Oh, gotcha. That kind of is our song, isn't it?"

"Yes, yes it is." I chuckled, looking out the window. "How was your day?"

"it was ok, yours?"

"it was good. Why was yours ok?"

"Um, I don't know...I'm just feeling really homesick I guess. I hate coming home to nothing, and I miss you, and I miss Jackie, Hunter, Mike...my brother and Dad believe it or not."

She was crying, I knew she was trying to muffle it out, but I've figured her out enough by now to know what she did to hide it.