Chapter 12: Healing Yuka

Shikamaru's POV

What's taking Yuka so long? She should've been back by now. "Guys, I'm starting to get a little worried about Yuka. I'm gonna go on ahead and look for her. Wait here until I get back." I said. I didn't wait for one of them to respond as I quickly headed in the direction Yuka went.

As I was getting closer, I heard screaming. That's not good. I ran towards the screaming and saw blood and bodies everywhere. "What in the world? Yuka!" I called as I walked past the bloodshed. "Yuka, where are you!" I called.

"Help! Please, somebody help!" I heard someone scream. I ran towards them and saw a boy trying to crawl away. "Help me! Please help me!" He screamed as he reached out towards me. I gasoed when Yuka dove down and shoved her whole hand through the boy's stomach.

She yanked her hand out of the boy, then leaned down and bit his neck, drinking his blood. "Yuka, stop! What's gotten into you?" I said to her. Yuka glanced at me and immediately started growling, letting go of the boy.

I saw that her eyes were glowing a dark red and her fangs looked sharper. "Yuka, what's wrong? What happened? Talk to me." I said, taking a step forward. She growled again, so I took a step back. "Yuka, talk to me. Why are you doing this?" I tried to reason with her.

"My mother..." Yuka spoke. "My mother was killed... and it's all your fault!" Yuka lunged at me. I quickly dodged out of the way, making her miss. She turned around and hissed at me. "Yuka, I didn't kill your mother!" I called to her.

"Shut up!!" Yuka lunged at me again and I wasn't able to dodge her this time. Her hands wrapped around my throat, forcing me to the ground as she got on top of me and began to strangle me. "Yu... Yuka... Stop..." I managed to say.

"All your fault! It's all your fault!" Yuka hissed as she continued to strangle me. She cried out in pain and jumped off me, into a tree. I sat up to see Yuka yank a kunai knife out of the back of her shoulder. "Shikamaru, are you all right?" Ino said as she helped me sit up.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied, looking at Yuka. "What's wrong with Yuka? Why did she attack you like that?" Choji asked me. "She's really mad." I answered. "Mad? About what?" Ino asked. I looked over when something caught my eye.

A pile of ash sitting there and it looked a bit new. Like, it just got there. Is that Yuka's mother's remains? Not only was Yuka angry, she was sad. Hurt and broken. "Blood..." Ino, Choji, and I looked at Yuka as she got in a crouching position.

"I'll drink every ounce of blood from you until there's nothing left!" Yuka shouted before lunging at us. "Hit the deck!" I yelled. All of us took a dive to the ground as Yuka darted past us. Now I'm even more confused.

Was Yuka also hungry? Sad, angry, and hungry? Or she's just feeling a bunch of emotions. "Die!" Yuka darted at Ino and I, but went past us. Oh, no! She's going after Choji! "Choji, look out!" I warned.

But he was too slow and got tackled by her. Crap, I have to stop her. "Ninja Art: Shadow Possession Jutsu!" My shadow reached out towards Yuka and merged with her shadow. Yuka froze in place before she could bite Choji.

Yuka grunted as I made her stand up and face me. "I understand, Yuka. I get it now." I said. "No, you don't! You don't know anything!" She snapped at me. "I do. I understand what you're going through." I said calmly.

"No... you... don't!" Yuka yelled. She screamed at the top of her lungs, causing a wind to come out of her. I accidentally let go of her shadow, causing my shadow to retreat. Yuka lunged at me with incredible speed and scratched my cheek with her sharp nails.

"I hate you!" Yuka yelled. "You're hungry, aren't you?" I said. Yuka paused, staring at me with anger and confusion. "Is that it? Are you hungry, Yuka? Is that why you're doing this?" I asked her. "I'm not hungry! I want my Mom! I want my Mom back!" Yuka shouted.

"I know you do, Yuka. But I can't make her come back." I said to her. Yuka gritted her teeth. I looked at the boys Yuka killed, then back at her. "Yuka, what have I told you?" I said, changing the subject.

She growled, confused. "I told you, I'm the only human you're allowed to drink from. Remember?" I said. "Shikamaru, what are you-" Ino spoke until I took out a kunai knife. I gently slid the knife on my neck, drawing a little blood.

Yuka flinched when she saw the dark red liquid. "I can see the hunger in your eyes. You're only doing this because you're scared, Yuka. Now that your mother is gone, you don't know who to turn to. You're scared and you don't want to admit it. But you're not alone, Yuka. You have me. It's okay. From now on, I'll look after you." I said, smiling.

Yuka stare at me as she trembled before darting herself at me. I closed my eyes tightly, waiting for her to attack me. I opened my eyes slowly and saw Yuka standing in front of me, glaring at me. I smiled at her and hugged her.

"It's okay, Yuka. You aren't alone. I'm here and I'm always going to be here." I said. I heard her sniffle. "Shikamaru..." She whispered. "Drink my blood, Yuka." I commanded.

Yuka's POV 

Fighting back tears, I bit down on Shikamaru's neck and drank his blood. He didn't wince this time. Usually, he'd wince in pain whenever I bit him. "You're back to normal, aren't you, Yuka?" Shikamaru said. I blinked my eyes, letting a few tears run down my cheeks.

I sniffed as I continued to drink from Shikamaru. "Welcome back, Yuka." Shikamaru said softly as he gently stroked my hair. I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him. I detached my fangs from his neck and sobbed into his shoulder.

"Mother... She's... She's..."

"I know, Yuka. It's okay."

I sniffed as I started to calm down a bit. Shikamaru broke the hug and wiped away any stray tears. "Don't cry anymore, Yuka. Your face will get puffy." He said. I sniffed again and hugged him again. Shikamaru wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me back.

I closed my eyes, listening to Shikamaru's heartbeat. It seemed to be beating fast. "Well, well," I snapped my eyes open and turned around as Tatsumi gracefully floated to the ground, landing on his feet.

"Tatsumi." I growled. "Hi, there. Had a good killing?" He asked with a cocky smile. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Shikamaru, stay behind me." I ordered, glaring at Tatsumi. "What do you want, Tatsumi?" I demanded. "Just observing something,"

His eyes softened as he continued. "You care for this human, don't you, Yuka?" Tatsumi asked. I raised a brow, slowly letting my guard down. "I do. I do care about Shikamaru." I confessed. "Very well. Hey, Shikamaru. Take care of her, okay?" Tatsumi said.

He vanished, leaving me a bit puzzled. Does this mean Tatsumi accepts my feelings towards Shikamaru? I hope so. I faced Shika. "I didn't hurt you while I went insane, did I?" I asked. "No, I'm fine." He assured me.

I leaned up and gently kissed his cheek. "Wait, what just happened here?!" Ino yelled. I sighed. "After what went on here, I think Choji and Ino deserve to know the truth about me, Shikamaru." I said.

"It's up to you, Yuka. So, I support your decision." He said. I took a deep breath and spoke. "Ino. Choji. I'm... a vampire." I confessed. They both looked at me with wide eyes before yelling, "Say what?!?!"