Chapter 5: Answers and Help

Shikamaru's POV

Like Yuka said, she didn't show up to class today. The next day, she did come to class. She sat in the back of the classroom, away from the window. When it was lunchtime, I walked up to Yuka so I could talk to her. "Yuka, we need to-"

"I have to go." Yuka said quickly as she got up and walked past me. I watched as she left the classroom. Why is she avoiding me? Was is because of what happened the other day? I have to know what's wrong with her. I quickly followed Yuka out the door.

I could try and catch her with my Shadow Possession Jutsu. Yeah, that could work. I found Yuka by the exit, playing with her hair. All right. Here it goes. "Ninja Art: Shadow Possession Jutsu." I whispered.

My shadow stretched towards Yuka. Almost there. I held my breath as my shadow got closer and closer to Yuka. When Yuka noticed, she hissed and jumped in the air. "Oh, man." I said to myself in a panic. Yuka began to look around, trying to find out where the shadow was coming from.

I tensed up when her eyes landed on me. I got up and immediately made a run for it. I grunted when I hit the floor with a rough thud as Yuka tackled me to the floor, pinning me down. For a vampire, she was really strong. "What the hell was that back there?" Yuka growled.

Man, she sounded pissed. "Yuka, let me explain." I said. "Explain or I'll sink my fangs down your throat so hard, I'll touch bone." She threatened. "Okay, okay. I was following you." I said. "Why?" Yuka demanded. "Because I was worried about you. You didn't talk all day and you didn't show up to class yesterday either." I said to her.

"That is none of your concern." She hissed in my ear, making me close my eyes tightly. She let go of me walked out the door, slamming the door behind her. She's gonna be mad at me for a while now. I know it.

Yuka's POV

Damn that brat! How dare he tried to catch me! I growled in frustration as I walked. I decided to go home. When I opened the front door, I went into the living room. Like my mother said, she wasn't here. Where could she have gone? I sighed as I walked to my living room.

As I was walking to the kitchen, I felt a cool breeze behind me. 'Somebody's here.' I thought as I held my emotionless expression. I turned around and was hugged into someone's chest. "Who are you?" I demanded. I don't think the person could hear me since my face was buried in their chest.

"I see you haven't grown a bit, Yu-ka," I frowned at the sound of the voice. I recognize this voice. "Kazumi." I said emotionlessly. She giggled slightly. "Ito~ko~" She sang softly. (Itoko means cousin in Japanese).

Kazumi is my seventeen year old cousin. She used to come visit me and my mother. But after three years, she stopped visiting until now. What's her reason? I pulled away from Kazumi and looked at her. "What are you doing here, Kazumi?" I demanded with a frown.

"I'm glad you asked that. The reason I stand before you today is because Kyrie has asked me to watch over you while she's away." Kazumi explained. "Do you know where my mother is?" I asked emotionlessly.

"No. All she said was to watch over you until she gets back." She said. I raised a brow. "From where?" I asked. Kazumi shrugged her shoulders, unsure of where my mother was. "But, Yuka..." Kazumi quickly wrapped her arm around my waist.

"I've come all this way just out of the consideration of Kyrie. I think I deserve something in thanks and I'm quite hungry." She said as she lifted my chin with her finger. I frowned and pushed her hand away. I got the message. "You could've just asked, Kazumi. You didn't have to wrap your arm around me." I said. Oh, who am I kidding.