3 | Caspian

Lucy laid back down, soon asleep again and Avalon sighed walking into the forest. She rubbed her hand against one of the trees in her dream and sighed.

"Wake up" she whispered. She walked through the trees to a little clearing like her dream had and heard a growl.

"Aslan?" She questioned.

She suddenly was pulled down and her mouth was covered. She looked to see Peter and she relaxed. He let go of her mouth and she got stern.

"What are you doing?' Avalon whispered. He pointed ahead, resting his hand on her back as they watched a minotaur walk through. They both ducked and Avalon looked back to Peter. He put his finger over his lips in meaning, be quiet. He walked forward into the clearing and Avalon shook her head as he ignored her.

"Peter stop" she whispered but he went along, unsheathing his sword. He walked to the minotaur before she heard a little yell and someone began sword fighting him. A guy with shoulder length dark hair, and tan skin. He had on the enemies kind of outfit and Avalon stood. Peter sliced into a tree as the boy kicked him back. The boy attempted to pull Peters sword from the tree as Peter picked up a rock to hit him but Avalon ran forward into the clearing.

"Stop!" She called out. The guy held his sword at Peter and Peter turned to him.

"Prince Caspian?" Peter questioned.

"Yes." he replied with a different accent. "And who are you?"

Susan, Edmund, Lucy and the small man ran up behind me.

"Peter" Susan called out.

The boy looked at the sword he had in his hand. Peters sword.

"High King Peter?" Caspian asked.

"I believe you called" Peter responded.

"Yes" Caspian replied questionably. "I thought you'd be older."

"Well if you like, we could come back in a few years" Peter responded sarcastically stepping back.

"No it's alright" Caspian said. "It's just you're not exactly what I expected. You."

Caspian pointed at Avalon.

"Avalon, Queen of Narnia?" he asked and she shrugged sadly.

'Not too sure I'm worthy of being called queen anymore" she responded. "I couldn't even keep anyone alive."

"Where have you been I don't remember you leaving" Caspian stated.

"I didn't. After everything I was put into hiding. Obviously I would be a target for everyone."

"You're not what we expected either" Edmund said to Caspian.

"A common enemy reunites the oldest of foes" Badger said and Avalon smiled at him.

"We've anxiously awaited your return my leis" a mouse said jumping down to Peter. "Swordsman at your service."

"Why do you need us. You have Avalon" Peter replied with a little attitude and Avalon took a shaky breath, eyes tearing up.

"I'm sorry I couldn't rule all of Narnia by myself" she said hanging her head. " I couldn't even keep Mr. Tumnus or the beavers safe."

"On a good note, he's so cute" Lucy said leaning to her making the girl wipe a tear and giggle.

'Who said that?!" the mouse asked removing his sword and pointing it.

"Sorry' Lucy muttered.

"Oh uh, your majesty, with the greatest respect I do believe courageous would be more of a fit" mouse said causing Avalon to smile. "Knight of Narnia."

"At least we know some of you can handle a blade" Peter said to him smiling. A smile she'd been waiting to see for years but now that he was back, it's like he didn't even care about her anymore. Maybe he found someone in the real world. Thinking of that sent a tear from her eye and she wiped it quickly but not before peter saw and frowned.

'We're gonna need every sword we can get" Peter said looking to Caspian.

"Well you'll probably be wanting yours back" Caspian responded as Peter took it putting it in his sheath and walking away. Everyone followed and Avalon slowly followed behind.

All she wanted was Aslan back.