Comfortable

Raheem

"Wassup?" I answered the phone call from my brother while the people on set scurried around getting things together for this photo shoot. "Rah where you go?" Rakeem questioned "Keem why you in my business?" I retorted. He always calling somebody asking about shit that doesn't affect him in any way shape or form. He sucked his teeth "you always getting smart nigga. I need the car I got called into work" I rolled my eyes to the top of my head "better call a fuckin uber. You don't even fill the damn gas tank up the fuck I look like letting you run my shit out" I fussed. "Man bye" he hung up. I was waiting for this girl I'm supposed to be working with to get done in hair and makeup. Then we pick out the outfits we'll wear and start this shit up. I walked over to the food table and picked up a jolly rancher, something to get me through the wait. After about 20 minutes this brownskin chick came out with some ripped jeans and a jersey on. "Who am I supposed to be doing this with?" She asked the director. He looked around until his eyes landed on me "Raheem can you come here please?" He called. I made my way to them "Yes?" I asked my eyebrows slightly furrowed. "Okay, this is Indigo, and this is Raheem. You two will be working together in the shoot today. Now go get acquainted and find your outfits!" He waved us off then turned away yelling at somebody about the set. "Hey, so you wanna get started on the shoot right away or did you wanna kinda get to know eachother since we gotta act like a couple?" She asked. I shrugged "We might as well get to know each other so it'll be less awkward." She nodded and we were on our way to the clothing racks. "So, as you know already my names Indigo, I'm 20, I live in Houston with my younger brother, I've been modeling since I was 18, I'm starting art school next month where I'll be studying fashion design, and I'm a really spiritual person and that's about it." She started off. "Well, I'm Raheem, you can call me Rah, I'm 21, I live with my mom and my brother in Houston as well, originally from New York, I've been modeling for about 6 years now. I like making music and I'm pretty spiritual myself." She nodded in approval. "What's your favorite color?" She asked "Blue, yours?" I replied "Sameeee" "What's your favorite movie?" "That's a tough one, its out of Belly, Fresh, Paid in Full or Menace 2 Society, how about you" "Definitely New Jack City" "Ahh Nino B! What's your favorite pizza topping?" "Pineapples and Bacon" "Ewww" "Girl hush. What's yours?" "Pepperoni and Bacon" "What's your favorite sport?" "Basketball. You?" "Baseball, favorite player?" "Kyrie Irving. My mans is just the greatest! What's your favorite team?" "Sox, and Kyrie played the hell outta the finals I don't care what nobody say!" "I like you already" She smiled. I laughed at her and went back to looking for clothes. "Do we have to do some cheesy shit and match?" "I think we do for one of them. I'll ask Leo, YO LEE DO WE HAVE TO MATCH THE WHOLE TIME!?" She yelled "NO BUT IT WOULD AMAZING IF YOU DO ATLEAST TWICE" we nodded in agreement and searched the racks. "Okay so how about this, you tell me your style, and I'll collaborate your style with mine and see if you like it. Then you could do the same for the other outfit" she suggested I just shrugged and nodded "Alright, so I like overalls, hats, nice ass jackets and nikes." "I like destroyed clothes basically, bleached, cut, ripped, I like tommy hilfiger, and Nikes." I nodded and we separated going through different racks looking for the matching fits. She picked up some ripped light wash overalls and all white air max 1. I grabbed black jeans and two bleached band tees with all red air force 1's. We looked at eachothers findings and nodded in approval. "Indi, where's the shirts?" I asked. "I was gonna ask you did you wanna go shirtless with these because some people don't like shirts with overalls" she responded. "Oh you can find shirts. Unless you're comfortable going shirtless and getting greased up" "You right,it takes too long to get all that baby oil off." She laughed and started searching for shirts. After a minute or so she came back with white shirt that had red pockets. One was a crop top and one was a regular shirt, "those nice" I commented. She just nodded "yeah I think we better go get ready tho." I nodded and we made our way to the dressing rooms.