Puzzled

There's no end to it all. There seems to be somewhat a drafting of what was to come. Recently, the planet was devastated by an unknown force. It seemed to have been brutal, and since that, there was an incapacitating feel of resignment. Mario wanted out, but the world just didn't allow it. Hours upon hours went into the learning of many tricks that would help him escape; or what he thought. Flashbacks of the past were summoned. This was the last thing that Mario saw before entering the door...

 This was the last thing that Mario saw before entering the door

...but there was no escape.

It continued.
Something was abnormal.
But the epitaph of Bowser; a being of which Mario found it easy to eradicate, was not all that was brought upon him. He was being promised something...

"Bowser has created the most difficult levels known to casual gamers."
But what could this mean? Is this a simple threat?

"Come with me," a voice mumbled.
"You seek power, yet only death can surpass your own expectations. You seek the acknowledgement of your own achievements and accomplishments, but the dying sorrow of your belief shuns out the potential that you could bring to life. You make everything so bloody and horrid, despite your requirements of existance being the direct opposite."
"Come with me. You will be challenged to the end of your capabilities. Beat my challenges and you will be free."

How hard could that be? I mean, it's only a few challenges...right?
Mario was curious. He had obviously jumped a couple of barrels here and there, saved Peach from being 'kidnapped' several hundreds of times, and even went through the pain of lifting up heavy metal balls that fell from a clown cart just over 20% larger in terms of both volume and surface area.
The challenge had been transcripted upon a piece of paper. It was soulbound to Mario, so he couldn't break it off of him. It was permanent.
What did it say?

"                                Wraith Challenge
-------------------------------------------------------------------
You have been chosen to participate in a disastrous
event, where only the best platformers can succeed.
You are probably reading this because of your desire
to be feared. Your desire to have power. Your desire to
be the greatest being in the entirety of the universe.
Now's your chance.
Prepare yourself through time, and complete the
ancient challenges forged through my hands and
might. Feel what was once my pleasure to design and
create, and feel the strength of which you could
potentially obtain. You time is coming, and if I were
you at this very moment in time, I would take the
chance. It's not a big task, so fear not, but you will
be broken down many-a-time, so prepare for your
utter destruction incase you wish not to even attempt
a succession.

Challenge - Save the 51 QPUs from being demolished
by defeating the creatures of madness behind each
one.

So far, the most recent completion: NONE
"

Mario was intrigued. He had only ever been put up to the challenge of something like this since Peach asked him to try out a special, secret world in the newer brothers' series. It was actually terrifying for Mario at first, but he knew that he was used to it, so it was no surprise when he beat it in under a day.
But that was the newer series. This is Mario's World. This is the introduction to Kaizo and Pit. This is the end of the era containing the easy stuff.
And Mario took the challenge.

"Good..."
Mario was silent. It was hard to tell whether he was scared, brave, or just plain stupid. When he muttered one more word, a gap opened in the ground.
"Damni-"

The gap was huge. It was slightly purple, but mainly black, and writhed around with leech-like orbs that suggested a negative implication to what Mario was going to do. It was at this moment that he questioned his decisions, as he felt the orbs suck the life force out of him, and he stood there breathless as the void absorbed the pride that once supported Mario in all of his goals.

He was summoned to a world with 3 berries, and skipped along.
Yoshi coins surrounded Mario as he trespassed into a land of floating munchers and disco shells. He picked up two throw blocks and three plants to feed Yoshi, and immediately dropped him into the pit around him to gain height. A truely cruel event.

He was lead into a palace that didn't seem to make Mario even budge. He was confident at this point, and upon the completion of the Trap Castle, yellow blocks formed to support Mario.

A darkened room and a cloud was all that Mario had, but using a trick to bypass a wall using a cloud was abused. This led him on to an island where Chargin' Chucks resided, but it turns out that they were replaced by sacrificial Yoshis and invisible horses that Mario ruthlessly sacrificed.

Ropes were his next goal. Saws and Fuzzies came after him as he jumped over them with his tiny little legs. He grabbed onto the rope one last time before leaping into a pipe that saved him from a horde of destruction.

The castle of Grinders was next. Here, he had to dodge Thwomps, Reflecting Fireballs, Podoboos, Grinders, and even psionically-controlled statues that spat out fireballs. Hotheads tried to block him from defeating Iggy (King of Grinders), but that failed miserably, and the futile attempts of the unknown were discarded.

A keyhole appeared. Four shelljumps were required to grab the key to fit inside, and a pattern appeared in the water. Fish had their habitat here.
Fish?
Yes. It turns out that certain species of fish had adapted to the crap that had been built up in these lands. The fish showed the way that led to a ghost house. He couldn't even see himself jump. He had to make everything block-to-pixel perfect, and make sure he didn't die in the holes underneath him. A Big Boo blocked him, but by throwing three perfectly timed ThrowBlocks, Mario successfully defeated the boss.
"Only five more," he thought to himself.

Music notes? In this wretched land?
"Atleast someone here has the right of mind to lighten my spirit"
Another water pattern was revealed, but coins and Pow-Switches were the only things that he had to bypass.
*CLICK*
The walls turned to coins, letting him pass.

Suddenly, being dropped into a pow, he jumped off and ran through the throwblocks until reached a set of floating munchers. Using the PowSwitchJump trick, he avoided this basic trap used more POWs to beat the rest. Using basic scrolling techniques. he mastered the art of spinjumping and managed to get to the keyhole.

"Hailzo" Hail, Sky, Kaizo.
An amazing combination. This featured only shelljumping and repetition to make Mario feel tired, but sleep is for the weak. He passed this section pretty quickly.

And the last section came. This was one task that Mario was sure to beat. What was contained in this section? Hell. It was probably too difficult for the lower-tier-evils to pass. But who am I, the fourth-wall-narrator, to comment on such difficulty.

Mario was here. This will not be recognised as a failure as he had come so far into the completion of this QPU.
But first, we must talk of parallel universes. You, the reader, can go and look up who pannenkoek2012 is.

The QPU was almost beaten. Just one last task. What is the task? Who knows? I do. Do you? Probably not. Does Mario know? Perhaps. That is irrelevant at this point, especially due to the fact that despite my job being to reveal to you what this last task is, I refuse to do so. If you truely want to know, you can download my .ips file, use Floating IPS or Lunar IPS to patch it to a Super Mario World ROM and play my shitty hack.

It literally took two weeks to make, what else do you expect?

Link to download .ips file below:

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/28893/Puzzle%2BMario.ips