Chapter 15: Forebodings

Start from the beginning

"Hey come here" Octavia said and enveloped Clarke in a hug, and Raven joined in.

"Aww cute," Bellamy said in a deadpan voice, walking in. "Did we get any orders from Heda?"

"NO" Octavia and Clarke said together and looked at each other.

"Someone is desperate to not let us get back to Polis." Raven smirked.

"You guys live in Polis?" Clarke asked, wondering.

"Yea. After Lexa signed the treaty with the Glowtree clan and Desert clan, we all moved to Polis." Finn answered.

"And you guys are her warriors now?"

"Finn And I are," Bellamy said. "And Octavia is Indra's second. And Money and Raven are like a special team, helping them with tech. And Jasper works at the tavern."

"Why does Jasper work at a tavern?"

"He's go the hots for the barmaid," Raven shrugged.

"And O, you didn't say you were Indra's second! Whoa! When did that happen?"

"When I stupidly refused to give up on a fight against her once, and she finally stopped flashing me into oblivion," Octavia laughed.

"Hey, you're pretty high up at the NouKru yourself, Clarke," Finn said.

"I guess. Luna taught me well."

"So what now?" Bellamy suddenly asked.

"What now?" Raven asked him back.

"I mean we are literally prisoners here until Costia decides what to do. Or is it still her father's decision?"

"Both I guess," Clarke contemplated. "I'm as much an outsider here as you are, and I only hope Lexa has something up her sleeve."

"Or she got too distracted with you," Raven suggested.

"I think she's looking to form some sort of treaty. Even with Raven and Monty's tech help, she knows that one strong Arkadian attack will destroy hundreds of our villages," Octavia said. "Maybe form some sort of coalition to get all the thirteen clans together. With Arkadia on our side, Angela will fall easily."

"Wow, that's... That's umm... A lot to digest,"  Clarke said, feeling confused at the sudden slight twinge of anger.

"Aww look at Clarkey's face," Raven joked. "C'mon, we can believe that heda is being especially accommodating over her staying arrangements here, because of you."

"It's nothing like that Raven," Clarke tried to clarify. "Her people... I mean other than you guys... They hate me with a vengeance. We... Lexa and I... We'll never be...together in that way."

"You do want to, right?" Octavia asked.

"It doesn't matter what I want. She's the Commander of the 3 clans, and maybe soon to be many more clans."

"And you're our princess" Raven winked. "Ooh Princess-Commander! That's gonna be some legendary story I swear!"

"There are already legends surrounding you, Clarke," Finn confirmed. "I was just with the other Trigeda warriors and they're already calling you Wanheda."

" What? What's that supposed to mean?"

"From Commander killer, you've graduated to Commander of Death somehow... You got Heda twice, after all."

"Not really. Not even once," Clarke groaned.

"You sure got her last night," Octavia  said, smirking.

"Oh Lexa...yes...Lexa...faster...yessss" Raven imitated Clarke, and Clarke threw a shoe at her, blushing deeply.

"Whoa, too much information," Finn said, getting up.

"Yea, I gotta go and see around the camp too. Feels like I haven't been here in ages," Bellamy said, and followed Finn outside the tent.

"So?" Octavia asked.

"So what?"

"You and Lexa. What are you going to do?

"I wish I knew, O," Clarke said, looking dejected. "I just hope she figures something out. I...its been a mess this past one year."

"Yea,we heard," Raven said. "They were talking about you last night, the NouKru guys. Apparently all you did was drank till you dropped and killed people. Doesn't sound very princess-y, does it?"

"I missed you guys," Clarke confessed. "And I missed her. It was like something constantly hammering against my head. I just tried to spend the time in someway."

"It's ok, Clarke. You have us now. You sorta got us into this, but Heda will get us out. All of us. I can promise you that."

***

Thelonius sat deep in thought, surrounded by Pike, Costia, Abby, and Kane. Kane and Costia had a point, he had to admit. Even if he would have preferred to side with Pike on this one, he realised he held Costia's words in high opinion.

"I still think this coalition idea is the worse you've had, Kane, and you've had several of them." Pike rolled his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Charles, but if you are so adamant on humiliating everyone, there is no scope for talks." Costia snapped back at Pike. "Both of us know their population is ten times ours. Even if half of them take up arms against us, we will be obliterated."

"But a coalition?" Thelonius questioned. "Who's to say they'll keep up their end of the bargain. And I won't be ruled by any grounder girl, no."

"For once think about your people, father. We have captured their Commander. They will tear us apart limb by limb if we don't give them something better in return. This coalition will ensure peace."

"A wall between them and us, is what will ensure peace, little girl," Pike said.

Kane ignored Pike and added, "Lexa can rule if she wants to, as long as we have autonomy on how to run our camp. We will be trading with the other clans. This can be a great opportunity, Jaha. What do you think, Abby?"

"Peace. I want peace too. I don't want to see my little girl amongst those warriors, fighting. I'll go for the coalition anyday, if it assures that Clarke leads a normal life again."

"But how do we ensure that Lexa will honor this coalition?" Thelonius asked.

"I might have an answer to that," Costia smiled slightly. "I'm not sure if you'll appreciate it, though, father."

------

A/n: So what do you think Costia's plan is? 😈
Hope you are enjoying the storyline and plot, so far. Keep reading and commenting, and letting me know what you like/dislike about the story. I'll update the next chapter in 2 days.

Love,
Charlie.