"And if I don't?"

"You're going to be so sorry for ever mistreating her. She is a nice person."

Without saying anything else, Gabe walks to his room. I expected Tyler to shout out some kind of nasty comment at his brother, but he doesn't. I slowly walk towards Tyler's room, afraid that he might come out and start yelling at me. His door was opened a crack and I stand there, peeking in.

He is sitting at his desk, looking at something on his computer. He suddenly turns and sees me standing there. I jump when our eyes locked together. Before he could say anything to me, I quickly turn and hid myself in my room, closing the door. I figured he would probably come into my room and tell me off, but he doesn't.

I stay in there for the rest of the evening, afraid to even come out of the room in case I came face to face with Tyler. It was probably best I stay out of his way. He obviously hates me, but I wonder if he will ever start being nice to me after what Gabe said to him.

I wake up early the next morning, deciding to take a shower. Before I left my room I peek out the door to make sure Tyler wasn't wandering around. His bedroom door was closed. Good. He was still in his room. I walk out and make my way to the bathroom.

I was just coming out of the shower when I hear someone knocking at the door. I grab a towel from the rack and dry myself with it before wrapping it around me.

The person tries to open the door but couldn't since it was lock. They knock again. "Whoever is in there, could you please hurry up? I really need to use the bathroom."

I froze when I heard Tyler's voice. I didn't want to move or open the door, but I knew I had to otherwise he will be mad. I didn't want him to get upset with me first thing in the morning.

I grab my clothes from the floor and open up the door with my towel still wrapped around me. Tyler stands there with one arm leaning on the door frame. He had bed hair and he was wearing a black t-shirt and grey sweat pants. We stare at each other without making a sound. I feel his eyes roaming my body. It made me felt uncomfortable just standing here in just a towel.

Tyler snaps himself back to reality. "Um, thanks, and I'm sorry for pushing you out of here."

I was a little surprise that he was even apologising or even thanking me. I expected him to yell at me for some reason, but I'm glad he didn't. I just smile at him and he moves a side for me so I could get out.

I walk back to my room and pull out my clothes from my bag. I have to unpack later, but right now I don't feel like it. I found a knee-length black dress with thin straps that went over my shoulders. I wasn't sure if it was suitable for a funeral, but I decided to wear it anyway. It was black, so I guess it should be okay.

Once dressed, I head to the kitchen for something to eat. The brothers were sitting at the table eating cereal. I look around to see if Aylin and Nick were there, but they must have left the house already. The brothers didn't even take notice that I was standing in the same room as them.

"Listen, Tyler, I'm really sorry about what I said to you last night," Gabe was saying. "I didn't mean to say that you were a jerk."

"You're forgiven, buddy," Tyler replies. "Although, you're right. I have been acting like one."

"So what are you going to do with Ruby once you finished taking her to the funeral?"

Tyler shrugs. "I don't know."

I walk over to the cabinet and pull out a bowl. I grab the box of Cheerios and pour it into the bowl.

"Wow, Ruby, you look really nice," Gabe says.