Slade only watched me, clearly happy that I was afraid. "Relax, Amber. I promise, you won't feel a thing," he said, coming closer with what looked like a small, but intimidating taser.

"No, please don't do this, please don't do this!" I found myself begging with a burning, dry throat, unable to do anything but squirm as he came closer. 

"Leave her alone!" I heard Robin demand of Slade. He only chuckled, and advanced towards me, closing the distance between him and myself. The taser alone appeared to be extraordinary - a blade with space for the electrical current, enough to cut the restraints off my body. 

He cut off the first restraint as I attempted to free myself.

One.

Second cut.

Two.

Third cut. He chuckled, clearly enjoying himself.

Three.

Fourth cut. 

My mind wasn't functioning to my speed at the moment. It was too fast, and so was my heart. It hurt badly. My heart was practically eating up the poison the Kryptonite provided for it, and with every swift beat, coming together in a flash heard on the monitor, I felt like I was about to leave my own body. 

I felt disconnected from everything. 

Four.

"Amber! Amber say something!!" Robin's voice urged. 

Five.

I leaped off the bed quickly, growling in pain during the process, and ran to the other side of the room. The monitor which had been projecting my heart beat flat lined immediately. 

I ran for Robin's bed, quickly and shakily unbuckling his restraints. As they all came off, I was suddenly gripped hard by my hair, and I screamed, feeling my head wound gush more blood. The floor came into contact with my face, attracting darkness into my vision instantly.

Shake it off! You have to fight! 

I grabbed on to the railing on Robin's bed and as fast as I could, I pulled myself to my feet. I heard the others outside, their footsteps booming closer and closer to us. This isn't a fight they can get involved in. If our friends can't even see Slade, then there's no point. Robin and I will have to do this by ourselves.

Robin had managed to rip off the air vent's cover, and he leaped inside.

 A small counter was mounted, and I ran to it, distributing my weight on it just before I leaped off and climbed inside. I crawled quickly, noisily, banging the little walls unintentionally. I was growling a bit with the overwhelming pain. Robin was about five feet ahead, crawling away as well.

"I've activated the quarantine protocol. Nothing can get in or out," he said.

~

As we made it all the way to the basement, Robin jumped out. I was about to jump out as well, when I heard Raven's voice in my head.

"Guys, I'm here to help you," she spoke calmly.

"Raven! What are you-" I started, but Robin's voice intruding my mind cut me off, "You have to get out! Slade! He'll destroy you!"

I felt my chest constrict painfully, followed by an even faster heart rate thumping loudly in my ears. Raven seemed to have felt it. "Amber, Robin - your hearts. You're both in danger. You have to trust me. Slade isn't here. He's NOT in the tower."

Even when I felt like I was about to fall apart from the inside, I still managed to disagree with her, "No, he's here! He's real! We've seen him!"