Chapter 3 - if only looks did kill

Slowly it sunk in. What hurt most, was that Prim, Finnick, Cinna, Gale, they were all the imagination.

"Katniss," Fury was speaking again. "Your actions during that simulation did not go unnoticed. You are a hero."

"I did it for nothing." She mummbled as she sunk lower into her chair. "I could have died in those games and nothing would have changed. I could have killed myself, I could have let Cato kill me and it wouldn't have mattered. Because it was all false. I could have ran away when Gale said so, but I didn't, because I stayed to protect Prim, and now I find out she's not even real."

The room was silent except for the occasional beep of technology.

"Katniss," the red haired woman, Natasha, began. "What you did in that simulation, you were a hero. Your showed more bravery than your father and I combined-"

"My father and you? What have you got to do with my father?"

Clint gave a small cough beside Natasha. "She gave birth to his child."

Katniss looked at him, jaw open. "I have a half sibling?"

Natasha chuckled lightly. "No Katniss. It was only you."

Katniss closed her eyes. What a weird dream I am having. I'll have to tell Peeta about it when I wake up.

Katniss pinched her arm.

"Ouch!" Her nails were longer than she thought.

Tony laughed. "You think this is a dream? Of course you would, its a lot to take in. I mean, who would believe that they'd dreamed their sister's death, who would believe they'd woken from a dream only to find out that everything they'd been though, to find it was fake? I wouldn't believe it."

Bruce coughed. "Is this Tony stark being soft? This is new."

Tony scowled. "The poor kid's got no idea what's going on! She deserves to know what's happening. Poor kid thinks this is a dream!"

Katniss looked at Natasha. "If you're my mother, who is my father?" Slowly, Clint raised his hand. Katniss eyed the arrow in his hand. "I guess that makes sense."

There was a few more silent moments before Nick Fury decided to butt in. "Katniss, I want you on my team."