Ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⑦

Start from the beginning

The king leans back in his seat thinking about Zayn's request. The queen doesn't say anything and leaves the decision for him to make. Zayn waits, his eyes never leaving the king's making sure his stare is cold.

"Alright. As a proof of a mutual goodwill" the king nods and Zayn offers a small smile with a nod of his own. "Well, then. Shall I request your hand in marriage?"

The queen gasps, clearly not aware of this. Harry rolls his eyes, and Zayn glances towards them both before returning to the king and raising his eyebrows slightly. "You're already-"

"It's only fair for you to have someone with the same station as yourself" The king interrupts him. "And it'd be only fair for me to have the throne here based on my sacrifice"

Zayn only smiles wider in amusement. "It really doesn't matter to me who I'll be marrying, but" he raises his voice a little to be heard at his last word. "I'd also like to guarantee myself something in England as well ... It's only fair for me based on my sacrifices" he repeats the king's words. "Lands"

"Name what you want" Zayn smirks at that.

"Also, the wedding will be here, and I will not move to England"

"Are you seriously considering this?" The queen asks, probably late after the shock, and Harry's eyes are not friendly anymore.

"Along with the usual trade and travel that will be arranged to be free, that is all I'm asking for" Zayn stands up. "I can give you my word that will be written down eventually that Germany will be in England's aid whenever needed as long as the latter conducts the same agreement. Are we finished?" The queen is still in shock, Harry is still passive, and the king nods once towards him. "Have a good night" Zayn smiles and leaves.

🌟

The queen doesn't sleep and she gets out of her chamber towards the balcony for some fresh air.

"It's such a nice scene. From a castle balcony ... Oh, how this would be a memory for you" The queen turns to see Zayn there with a smirk on his face. "I can only imagine your life afterwards ... Full of shame after an annulment" he turns to her and she grits her teeth. "Oh how the roles change. Trust me I want nothing than to witness that"

"You must be so proud of yourself" she says through gritted teeth. Words full of hatred.

But Zayn smiles. "I am, actually. Very"

"You came to insult me? Is that what you want? After being crowned a queen? You think you can win this? You're a man! He'll never love you! He's only going for your throne!" she whisper shouts.

"He doesn't seem to have a problem with me being a man" he replies with a tilt of his head to the side. "You must be blind to see that" he smirks again.

"I'll give you anything, just ... Don't" she lowers her voice and Zayn's smirk grows.

"Why would I want anything from you? I'm a queen about to marry a king"

"I come from a wealthy family, I can give you gold, crops, lands, army, anything-"

"Gold" Zayn interrupts and she looks up at him. "I will accept your gold and in return I'll leave your husband and marry your son instead. I want it ready by the end of the week before the arrival of the king's army and we have a deal"

There's a moment of silence before the queen nods silently and that's all that Zayn needs before leaving her.

🌟

In the morning, Zayn sees Harry in the training ground with a sword, obviously lashing his frustration and anger towards the targets. It's still too early for him to attend to anything political so he decides to join him, wearing a robe on his blouse and pants with boots with his face still covered in make-up and his hair braided down from behind.