Tohru's First Christmas as Mrs. Sohma

Tohru’s Pov.

“MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!” I shouted jumping off the last step and twirling to show off my new dress and everyone returned with a “Merry Christmas Tohru!” All my friends and family had joined us at Shigure’s house for a Christmas party.

I walked over to where Kisa, Hiro, and Momiji had just finished decorating the Christmas tree. “It looks beautiful!” I said smiling as I looked over the tree. Kisa and Momiji smiled at it proud of their work.

“Oh, please even young children can decorate a Christmas tree. It’s nothing special.” Hiro said and I frowned slightly.

“That doesn’t change the fact that it looks wonderful. Mission accomplished team!” I cheered and ruffled his hair.

“Ah, Ayame, thank you so much for the dress! I love it.” I thanked him when I saw him enter from the kitchen.

“Think nothing of it Tohru. You’re family now. Beside that dress suits so perfectly.” Ayame waved me off with a smile.

“Merry Christmas Tohru, you look lovely.” Yuki said taking my hand and leading me away from his older brother and toward Akito. My husband. I still get a little light headed just thinking about it. I’m married, to Akito. O Mom I’m so lucky. I have so many friends and family and they all support me being with the one I love. I married young just like you and dad. I got that diploma. I have to tell you, it felt great to hold it in my hand. It was like something to prove I can accomplish anything I set my mind too. It’s framed on the wall right next to the family photo we took at my wedding.

Akito reached out for my hand and Yuki gave it to him. “Merry Christmas Yuki.” He said and Yuki nodded.

“Merry Christmas Akito.” He said smiling at both of us and left to go join Kyo.

“Merry Christmas.” I told Akito, smiling as he embraced me in a hug.

“Merry Christmas, Mrs. Sohma.” He returned with a grin and gave me a quick peck on the lips. Soon we all began to fill our plates with the food that Kyo, Kisa, Hatori, and I had made.  Once everyone had eaten their fill we all gathered around in the living room next to Christmas tree. I looked around at all my precious friends and family. There was Akito, Yuki, Kyo, Shigure, Hana, Uo, Hatsuharu, Momiji, Kisa, Hiro, Ritsu, and Ayame.

Kyo and I began to hand out the presents to everyone. I had to smile every time I saw someone’s face light up. I came across a present addressed to Kagura and looked around for her, only just realizing she wasn’t here, nor Hatori. I asked Kyo “Where’s Kagura and Hatori?” Kyo looked a little panicked for a moment then answered. “They’ll be a little late, Hatori called and said his car was having some issues.” I frowned if that’s the case we should have waited for them. Kyo noticed and smiled at me. “Don’t worry. Hatori said to just start and they’ll be here soon.” I smiled at him and continued to hand out the gifts, making a separate pile for Kagura and Hatori.

Everyone was done opening gifts except me and Kyo, as we had been handing them out. Hatori and Kagura still hadn’t arrived so I had been taking my time in hopes that they would get here and wouldn’t awkwardly be the only ones left with presents to open, but now Kyo was done and I was on the last gift. I opened the package labeled “To: Tohru Sohma From: Your Husband”  I smiled.  I opened the package and could feel the tears beginning to form in my eyes as I held up a baby's christening dress. We had agreed to tell everyone today. "It's beautiful." I said my voice shaking a bit.

Akito helped me up from my spot in the floor and together we faced those dear to us. "We're having a baby!" I said the tears falling when I saw the smile on my husband's face.

We were surrounded by clapping and people asking questions and offering congratulations until Kyo stood and spoke up above the roar.

"Well, not to try and out do that great news but I have one last gift I’d like to give myself." Kyo pulled a small gift-wrapped box from his pocket then went to help Yuki stand up and gave him the box. Yuki was blushing as he ripped off the wrapping and opened the box then froze. I moved to get a better view. It was a ring.

Kyo cleared his throat to shake Yuki (and the rest if us) from our stupor. He got down on one knee and spoke in probably the calmest voice I've ever heard from him "Yuki Sohma, I know we've had our ups and our downs but I know that I need you with me or nothing matters anymore. Whether I was willing to admit it or not I've always loved and admired you. I know you deserve someone better but being that you've stuck with me all this time, during the two years we've been dating and before that even, I'm hoping that for some reason that means you need me too. Yuki... Will you marry me?"

The world seemed to freeze as we all awaited Yuki's answer. "Stupid cat. This is so embarrassing." He paused and smirked. "Your lucky I love you or I would probably punch you in the face right now." We all sat there completely shocked.

"Sooo that's a yes?" Kyo said with a smile and Yuki sighed although his smile was turning into a grin now.

"Yes. That is most definitely a yes. Now are you going to put the ring on or do I have to do it myself?" Kyo grinned and slipped the ring onto Yuki's finger. Kyo pulled up Yuki's chin to bring him in for a kiss. I started clapping without realizing it and room erupted in cheers and congratulations once again.

In the midst of all the celebrating Kagura and Hatori walked in. "Kagura! Hatori! You made it." I said happily. "You just missed the highlights of the night!"

"Oh and what would that be?" Hatori asked with a knowing smile. Of course, he knew, he is the one who told me I was pregnant when Akito insisted I go see him for a checkup, but he doesn't know what just happened!

"Well, Akito and I are going to have a baby!"

"You are?! That's so wonderful Tohru!" Kagura said and hugged me tightly. I smiled at her when she finally let go.

"Congrats Tohru." Hatori said.

"Thank you both." I grinned "but that's not all, Kyo just proposed to Yuki! They're officially engaged!" I said excited to tell then the details of what happened but Kagura took off running.

"Kyoooo!!! What do you think your doing?! Your supposed to marry me damn it!" And from the sound of it Kyo was sent flying from another one of Kagura's rage fits.  I chuckled a bit as did Hatori, while some people were chanting Kagura on and others attempting to calm her down.

"I think I know why you guys were late now." I said to Hatori chuckling a bit more watching my family and friends have fun at Kyo's expense.  

"Someone had to do something to make sure she didn't interrupt the proposal." He answered chuckling a bit as yet another door in Shigure's house was destroyed.

What an eventful Christmas this has been mom. Did you hear all that? I'm pregnant! It's still early so I don't know but we're hoping for a girl. Kyo and Yuki are engaged! It's just all so wonderful. I know you'd be happy for us all too. Merry Christmas mom.