Chapter 13: The Christmas Chapter

Start from the beginning

I nodded, "You like it?"

Ryker looked at me curiously, "What did you get him?"

Colton spoke before I could, "He got me a contract for a tv show that I auditioned for a week ago. How did you do this?"

I smiled, "I have my ways, you're a great actor and you deserve this."

"You do man," Dante said in a congratulatory voice.

Colton came up and hugged me tightly and this time Ryker didn't growl right away. Colton backed up, "Calm down bro."

I took Ryker's hand in mine, "Dante you go next."

He nodded and opened up his presents. He got a green hammock, a stainless steel watch, Timberland waterproof boots, and a new coffee maker. "Thanks guys these are really great. So what did you get me Chris?" I laughed and handed him my gift, he opened it quickly and laughed at it. "Are you serious Chris?" I nodded. "Thank you, this is awesome and if I weren't the Alpha I would go in a heartbeat."

"What did you get?" Liam asked.

"I gave him a plane ticket to Nebraska, it's his home town as you know and his family lives there and he's been wanting to go back but he refuses to go because he says he's got responsibility."

"Well I do, and we've got that case that we should be focusing on instead of enjoying our time opening gifts when the boy is still stuck with his kidnappers."

I threw my arm around his shoulders, "I know Dante and this case is important to me as well but we can't let this rule our lives, I understand that he is basically number one priority but what good does it do to search when we have not leads or clues?"

He sighed, "After we are done with this I'm going to start working on this case."

"As am I."

He nodded, "Ok well open 'em up Ryker."

I could feel the excitement in the room begin to fade. Ryker opened his gifts and only smiled at the watch, movies, computer, and a year of paid tuition for his college classes. "Thanks guys." He laid his head on my shoulder, everyone was down in the dumps now. I laid my present for him on his lap and with his head still on my shoulder he opened it up. "Two keys?"

I nodded, "For the Porsche 911 and the other key is to my house."

He lifted his head to look at me, "Really?"

I nodded, "I want you close to me all the time and I'm not sure how th epack would feel about you moving in with me so I just live for you being able to come over here a lot."

"Well why don't you move in with us? I mean it is kind of what we do when we find our mates."

I nodded, "Yeah I know but I'm not sure that is the best idea right now, I mean I still want my own space and I don't really want to be a bother to you guys."

"Why would you think that?"

"I just do." I didn't want to get into this conversation with everyone here so I changed the topic, "Does that mean you didn't like you gift?"

He smiled, "No I loved it, and the car was a good choice, I will be over here all the time."

I smiled, "Good." He leaned over and kissed me. I wanted to deepen it but everyone was here and I didn't really want to have sex with Ryker right in front of everyone because that's what it would lead to. Everyone handed me their presents for me and I opened them all up quickly. Getting back into the mood just a bit. I got a new laptop from Liam, a grey wool blend jacket from Jaxson, a smoothie blender from Dante, and a blu ray player along with some movies from Colton. I looked over at Ryker, "What did you get me?"