Chapter 9: The New Detective

Dante Finn's POV

I sighed as I walked through an isle at the Buy & Save grocery store. This place always made me very impatient especially around this time of day and year. There are always a bunch of people buying groceries for the rest of the month and not to mention that it was December 1st so people were also probably stocking up on food for Christmas, luckily it wasn't this bad last month...ehh Thanksgiving. I'm so glad that's over with, it wasn't anything special, I mean it's not like I got it off or anything.

On Thanksgiving I spent the day at work doing paperwork for the Madison Lunts case, and went home afterwards. When I got to my house I walked into the door to see my pack members drunk in the living room watching one of the Scream movies yelling at the screen saying how everyone deserved to die for not being able to protect themselves properly, to put it more educatedly. I shook my head and walked into the kitchen and the view wasn't any better than the one I had just seen. There was a mess from the counter to the floor; there were beer bottles on both the counter and floor, pieces of broken plates all across the floor and the trash can was dumped over and spewing out the trash on to the hardwood floor. I shook my head in disappointment and laughed at the ear full they were going to get when I woke them up in the morning. Good thing Chris cooked and gave me some of his turkey, potatoes, ham, stuffing, rolls, pumpkin pie, and chocolate pie. I walked up the three flights of stairs to my room; I opened the door and sat the plastic bag of food on top if my bed and walked over to my dresser. I pulled out a fresh pair of boxers and a pair of sweats, then threw them onto my bed and went into my bedroom to take a quick shower. After I got out of the shower I quickly put my clothes on and ate up all of the delicious food the Chris had given me. After I had eaten everything I called him up thanking him again and telling him how damn good his food was; in the end we both agreed to have my pack and me to spend Christmas over at his house.

While walking through the store An intoxicating aroma hit my nose; it was a mixture of strawberry and vanilla. I turned into another isle trying to find where the smell was coming from and came into a sudden collision with another cart. Damn smell, you distracted me! I looked up to apologize to whomever I hit and stopped mid-apology when I saw who it was. Mate. Holy crap she is soo beautiful. She has the most beautiful creamy tan skin. My eyes floated toward her oval like face and roamed over it taking in all I her features like her high cheek bones and perfect full lips. My eyes stopped at her almond shaped, sparkling chocolate brown eyes. They are the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen, I couldn't tare my eyes away from them. I shook my head and spoke, "I'm so sorry for smashing into you."

She shook her head making her long, curly, and shiny dark brown hair with chestnut and blond highlights bounce, Not it's my fault, I wasn't watching where I was going." She laughed, "All of a sudden I stared to smell this very intoxicating smell."

"Really, what of?"

"It was...umm...a mixture of strawberries and vanilla."

I smiled, "My name is Dante Finn."

She blushed, "I'm Jasmine Alder."

When se said her name I felt as if I had heard the name before and then it came to me...she's the new Detective. NO! My mate is a human and the new detective at the firm! This is such bullshit! "Jasmine Alder as the Jasmine Alder that is a detective?

She nodded, "Yeah, how did you know?"

"Because I am a Detective at the firm you are going to be working at."

She smiled, "Wow really? That's great, I'm glad to meet you Dante, and I am really glad that we will be working together." All I could do was nod. She leaned in closer to me, "So what kind of creature are you? Are you the Wolf or Incubus?"

"Wolf. If I were the Incubus you'd know."

She shrugged, "Well it's just I knew that I would be somewhat attracted to the Incubus so that's why I thought it was you."

I smirkes, it was the fact that she is my mate that is making her attracted to me. "You find me attractive?"

She blushed, "Ya kinda, I mean you just smell soo good."

"Well Jasmine I would get used to the smell because if you are working with Chris and I, you will be smelling it a lot." I started to walk away but stopped, "Ohh and be sure to take those pills they gave you to keep from being attracted to Chris."

"Who's Chris?"

"The Incubus. We wouldn't want you being attracted to the both of us now would we."

She nodded, "I'll remember. I will see you tomorrow then."

"See you tomorrow." I watched her as she walked away and couldn't help but look at her perfect backside, I loved the way she swayed her hips so naturally. She radiated sex appeal, and she is all mine...or at least she will be soon

After leaving the grocery store I walked to my car and started to put all the bags into my car until I smelled Danielle. I stopped and turned around to see her walking up to, usually I would find her so attractive and I would gladly welcome her company, but after meeting Jasmine, Danielle doesn't compare. "Hey suga' baby."

"What?"

"I always call you that," she said while seductively placing her hands on my chest.

Does she always call me that? I thought for a second, oh wait ya she does, oh man why would I ever let her call me that? "Yep, you do don't you." I took her hands off my chest and laid them back at her sides. "Look Danielle I don't have time right now."

She pouted, "But you always have time for me."

"Well I don't right now." I wanted to tell her that her and I will never be together not as long as I live and especially not now that I have my mate. I will never betray her no matter who she is.

"Well when will you?"

"I don't know, look Danielle I've gotta go." I quickly put the rest of the groceries into my car and walked to my car door. Danielle stopped me and I turned around to tell her to go but instead I got a kiss. She threw her arms around me, I fell into her trap and I kissed her back. Damn Nymphs they were always my weakness, she licked at my lip wanting entrance and I let her. I turned her around so that her back was against my car, and kept kissing her. My wolf was growling in anger at what I was doing, usually he likes having a little fun but for some reason he didn't, why? Mate, Jasmine, I have a mate, what the hell am I doing. I pushed Danielle away and got into my car and sped off to Chris's.

Once I got to his house I quickly got out of the car and walked to his house. Since I have a key to his house in case of emergencies I unlocked it. "Chris!"

"In here," I heard him say in his regular tone, I walked into the living room an sat down on the couch. "What's up?"

"Well met the new Detective."

His eyebrows shot up, "Really? Where at?"

"The grocery store."

He turned his tv off, "What's she like?"

"She's my mate Chris."

"What, are you serious! But she's human."

"Ya, which makes it all the more worse."

"Ya, are you gonna tell her?"

"Well yes, but I don't know how, or when."

"It is a tough call to make, I mean you don't wanna freak her out, but you also want her to know that you and her are meant for each other."

"Cheesy, but yeah. I an Alpha I should be able to handle this kind of thing, but I don't know how." I leaned my head against the back of the couch in defeat. What do I do?

What should he do? Should he tell her? Or should he wait till she gets to know him? What do you think he should do?  Jasmine Alder is over on the right side of the screen....Emmy Rossum

~Tanesha~