Chapter Three

(A/N: The dedication is because you made a amazing banner and I am really greatful :))

Ally stared down at the magazine in her lap. Moment before she had been reading an article on some celebrity baby, now, she was focusing on everything around her. She did that a lot. Instead of standing out, she just blended in and watched everyone. To her, everything was interesting.

Slightly she glanced to her right. Her eyes looking over her brother who looked extremely bored. His attention was on a family across from them that were waiting on news about their new baby.

Smiling a little, she looked to her left. Her mother, Sara, was busying herself with texting. She always had her phone in her hand. Ally was pretty sure that her mother would fall apart with out it. Looking away, she stood up. Instantly that drew both of their attentions to her.

“What’s wrong sweetie, are you feeling ill again.” Sara’s voice was laced with worry as she stood up with her daughter.

Eliot rolled his eyes in annoyance, “Mom, leave her alone. It’s stupid how your acting you know.”

Ally shot her brother a warning look to leave their mom alone then turned to smile at her, “I’m fine mom. I just need to stretch my legs. I’ll be back in a few minutes, alright? If you need me, just call me.”

Not waiting for an answer, she walked off. The women behind the counter gave her a soft smile as she pushed the button for the doors to open. Ally flashed her a thankful smile as she walked through.

Instantly she was greeted by the daily life in a hospital. The nurses were trying their best to stay out of the way while still keep patients happy. Doctors were walking at slow paces, trying to keep thoughts of death at bay. A patient or two were screaming in pain. It was possible that there was even one dying too.

Stopping, Ally closed her eyes tightly. She didn’t want to think about being stuck here. She didn’t want to live in the hospital and be forgotten by her family like her aunt. A shaky breath came from her as she tried hard to not think about what was wrong with her. A small tug on the back of her shirt brought her from her thoughts. Opening her eyes, she turned around.

Her eyes landed upon a little girl with no hair. A smile was on her face as she stared up at her. “You have really pretty hair.” The girl said, referring to Ally’s golden locks that fell in small waves around her. “Can I touch it?”

Nodding, Ally bent over a little. Reaching up, the child ran her fingers though Ally’s hair. “I wish my wig was this soft…” The little girl whispered, slightly sadness filling her eyes. But it was quickly gone. “I’m Bethany.”

“Ally.” She smiled at the small girl. The child took her hand and started walking, pulling her along. They talked as they walked. For some reason, Ally felt at ease with the child. Her fear melting away.

After a few minutes, Bethany had to leave back to her room. She had to get back before her mom got back from work. When the girl as no longer in her line of site, Ally made her own way back.

Sara was talking with a nurse. Both looking at her as she walked in. As soon as she reached them, the nurse took Ally away with her to start tests.

Sara sat fidgeting in her seat. All she could think about now was what was going on with Ally. Her eyes were focusing on the door that they had walked through. It felt like forever that they had gone in there.

“Mom, it’s going to be okay. Stop freaking out already.” Eliot muttered to her. He showed no concern what so ever over his sister and that made her worry even more.

“Don’t you care that something seriously wrong could be going on with her?” Sara tried very hard not to yell at him.

He didn’t look at her when he answered, “There’s nothing wrong with her… There can’t be.. Stuff like that can’t happen to us.” He looked at her and gaze a small smile.

She opened her mouth to snap at him but quickly closed it as a doctor came up to them. His face held no signs that it was good news.

“Ms. Valentine, we need to talk… It’s about Ally.”

Nodding, they both stood and followed him. He lead them to the room that they had Ally in. She was out cold in the hospital bed. Sara instantly went to the seat next to it and sat down. She held her daughters cold hand and looked at the doctor.

Eliot stood in the door, watching. It felt like everything was moving so slow as the doctor spoke to his mom. His eyes roomed over his sisters body. She looked so small, so fragile. She didn’t look real anymore. His attention was drawn back to the doctor as he said what was wrong.

“Ally has Leukemia. We have caught it in one of it’s earliest forms. So there may be hope to get rid of it. But… Don’t get your hopes up completely.”

Sara’s face drained of all color. Tears flooded to her eyes and she did nothing to keep them back. She looked at Eliot, barley seeing him as he ran from the room, unable to take hearing the news. Taking a shaky breath, she looked at her daughter and kissed her cheek, hopping she could feel it’s warmth in her sleep.

Holding onto her hand even tighter, she looked back at the doctor. “What can we do?”

“Well…” He looked at his charts, “We would like to do more testing. She doesn’t need a transplant yet, but I’m going to put her name on the list just incase.”

“A transplant for what?” Sara asked softly.

“Hemotopoietic Stem Cells.” He glanced at her, “I’ll have a nurse give you some papers so that you will know what’s going on. After reading them you can ask any questions.” He closed his chart, “Also, after the tests. You need to make the decision about putting her through Chemo or not. Her chances would be better with it.”

Sara nodded and looked away from him. She couldn’t look at him. She knew that all he saw Ally as was another pay cheek. After he had left, a nurse came in. She sat down and talked to Sara about everything. It made her feel better. But still, the thought of Ally’s death lingered in the back of her mind. No matter how much she wished that it would never come.

-----------------------------------------

This chapter took me a while to write.... I hope it's good though. Sorry for any mistakes. I had to talk to mom to get her input on her feelings. She was a bit pissed at me for asking, lol. Tell me what you think, now that you know whats wrong with my other half and feel free to ask me questions.