Chapter Seven

Author's note:
Sorry this update took so long. And about the audio below, that was kind of accidental 😅😅. But if you want to listen to it anyway, go ahead.
Also, please follow my profile, vote and comment! If you do all these three, I'll be sure to update my chapters as fast as I can.
Thank you so much for your support. 🙂

"Wh-What?" She forced a laugh from her lungs. Her chest tightened slightly, and her mind started to spin like a top. Her chest suddenly felt heavy, and the air seemed hard to breathe in. "Please, Hye In, don't kid around."

The maid simply kept her lips tight together. She did not completely understand Young Hee's words, but she could catch her meaning behind them. Her gaze dropped to the ground as she heard the loud and short breaths from the miss.

Young Hee's face was covered with a slight bit of frustration and anger mostly because her maid was quiet throughout the entire time. "HOW CAN HE NOT BE MY FATHER?"

True, May was not Young Hee, so Young Hee's father had nothing whatsoever related to May, but she couldn't help but feel like he kind of was. She was only a little shocked and angry that this man fooled Young Hee, saying that she was his daughter, but now, she was Young Hee. May did not exist anymore. She had to put on a big and dramatic show to avoid any suspicion.

Hye In's eyes closed tightly. She bit her lip and let out a soft cry. "Forgive me, miss, for hiding this for so long. The master does not know that I know. The master and miss were telling someone else about this, and I happened to hear this disturbing information."

Now, Young Hee was the one who was silent and still.

"Forgive me, miss!" Hye In cried and fell to her knees. She noticed Young Hee's frustration and her twitching brown eyes. Her hands were tied. She was so confused of what to do. Should she say it wasn't true just to make sure her miss would not have to feel... like an outcast in the family? Like she fed off all her family's food and money when she didn't have the littlest right to do so? Or should she just let her be, to face this cruel reality, because that is how the world truly is? Cruel, terrible, sometimes happy, but is soon taken away, and only darkness is left to feed on all the brightness of the world...

"Forgive me, miss! I shouldn't have said such a lie! It was just a rumour.. I mean... I lied! Yes, I lied, miss! Sorry if I made you feel-"

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP! DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO LIE TO ME! I DON'T CARE WHAT SORT OF SHIT YOU SAY TO MY FACE, BUT I WON'T LET ANYONE SHIT AROUND AND LIE TO ME!" Young Hee had hit the roof.

"Miss-"

"SHUT UP! ALL OF YOU ARE JUST LITTLE PIECES OF SHIT TRYING TO FAKE EVERYTHING, SAYING IT'S ALL OKAY! BUT IT'S FREAKING NOT! SO STOP SHITTING TO MY FACE!"

'Sh..shit...?' That word ringed in the innocent maid's ears. The word was new to her, just like all the other confusing ones which came out from Young Hee's lips, but the tone was unmistakable. Hye In backed up immediately and left the room as quickly as her frozen limbs could take her.

When she was gone, Young Hee took a deep breath.

'Okay, I think she was fooled by the act...,' she thought proudly. 'Wow, I can really act! When I get home to NZ I'll be sure to audition for a play.'

She grinned, but the bitter and heart stabbing thought returned. She could hardly believe how someone could lie to an innocent girl and say she was his daughter all this time, when she wasn't.

May was always quite a nice and kind teen, but the thing she hated the most was lies. Even if the lie was to protect her from getting hurt, she didn't want anyone to lie. If she was terrible at something, and someone told her she wasn't just to keep her from getting hurt, she would want to murder that someone. If anyone kept the truth from her for no matter what reason, no one can stop her from exploding with rage.