A Christmas Tobuscus One-Shot

12.20.2013

     “Tosana!” my teacher yelled at me with glaring eyes, “You should know better than to sleep in my class! To the office now and take your stuff with you!”

     I sigh fixing my Christmas hat that was sitting nicely on top of my head. I quickly collect all of my papers, shoving them all into my white school binder that was covered with drawings. I stand up from my desk slipping the black and white strap onto my shoulder.

     I muttered, “So much for the Christmas spirit,” to myself as it was about five more days till then. I could feel my teacher’s eyes burning into the back of my skull which made me feel uncomfortable.

     “What was that?” she asked sounding so frustrated with me that I could see smoke coming out of her ears. I chuckled at the thought earning a glare from her as well.

     I smirked shifting my weight from one leg to the other, “Oh I just said ‘So much for the Christmas spirit.’ My tone of sounded so innocent that you could tell it was fake.

     My teacher was madder than ever almost breaking the pencil she had in her hand. I flipped my hair like all the populars do when they walk away from a conversation with a lower level like me and started walking away. I looked at my fellow classmates looking at the expressions on their faces, some impressed others shocked. My smirk grew as I saw their faces, ‘Today has to be the best day ever. I don’t know how but it is.’

     I’m not usually this rebellious but today has been different; I guess I was sick of being a sweet girl for once. Anyways, I stepped outside of the classroom breathing in the fresh air the air gave me. Today was an unusually warm day with a bright lite up sky. You see our classrooms aren’t linked by halls; they’re linked by concert sidewalks. I never liked the idea but I couldn’t control it so it didn’t bother me that much. The office was a bit of the way which gave me time to think.

     I walked to the principal’s office when one of the big classroom windows caught my attention. I stopped and turned to look at it and saw me. The classroom windows are usually like huge gigantic mirrors which I often look in myself. I was wearing my red and white Santa hat with my scarf that I made with old t-shirts I had laying around. I also was wearing skinny jeans; I personally liked them while others don’t.

     I was looking at my reflection when I saw someone else walk up from behind me, I don’t bother to turn around and look at them as I thought it was just a teacher walking by. I don’t pay attention to them until they come and warp their arms around my waist. My eyes widen as I turn around to see an unfamiliar face looking back at me. I was confused, ‘1. Who the hell are you and 2. What the hell do you want?’ I thought to myself as I looked into the boy’s eyes. His eyes were an amazing hazel color with speaks of gold, green, and blue but non-the less beautiful.

     He looked to be a grade older than me, maybe a sophomore, I’m just a freshman. His hair was a hazel brown that made you want to run your fingers through them. His lips looks so soft and gentle and that smile could make any girl’s heart melt. His body was toned but wasn’t overdone, it was just right. As I study him I recognize him. ‘Oh God, it can’t be him,’ I thought, ‘A popular wouldn’t and shouldn’t be in love with me.’

     He smiles that heart stopping smile making my heart beat faster than ever. “I don’t believe we have met,” he said with a voice smooth as silk, “My name is Toby Turner and yours?”

     I let out a nervous chuckle wrapping a pick of my hair behind my ear biting my lips nervously, “My name is Tosana.”

     “Well Tosana, you seem like a cute rebellious girl, would you want to go out with me?” Toby asked looking at me with those perfect eyes that I couldn’t say no to.

     I look at him then back at the window forgetting class was in sessions, I quickly walk away from the window going so I wouldn’t embarrass myself even more, Toby following me in the process. I look up at him in the eyes answering his question, “But we just-” I was cut off as he shushed me with a finger on my lips. I looked at him confused again.  He started to lean in; my heart was pounding so fast that I think it could run a mile. I didn’t know what he was doing, I didn’t know how to react to his actions, all I did was stare.

     When Toby’s lips touched mines, it was like sparks went flying. It took me a moment to register what was going on until I kissed back. My mind was racing with thoughts but at the moment I didn’t care. All I wanted to was be there with Toby, never wanting my first kiss to end. ‘Strange how so many things can happen in such little time,’ I thought as he pulled away breaking the kiss. “Strange indeed,” I muttered.