Christmas

I saw this "imagine your OTP" thing and I think my heart stopped at how perfect it was. I saw it in like November but I wasn't going to skip over thanksgiving because I legit love thanksgiving so I had to wait, which meant you guys had to wait and I'm sorry. But please don't stop reading, you don't even know how happy I get when I see someone actually likes the things I write. I am a fanfiction reader as well as writer and I know its annoying when we never update but I swear I'm trying. Maybe season 3 will inspire more one shots, here's hoping.

Mistletoe was set, hot chocolate on the table, book in hand, and Wally's good pajamas were on. And Artemis had stayed at base yesterday. Everything was falling into place, Christmas was in three days, Megaan even decorated the kitchen. Odds were in his favor, now Wally just had to wait and look casual.

Wally shifted in his spot trying to catch his reflection in the fridge but he could barely even see his arm.

Okay just focus on looking nonchalant, he thought, this'll work.

And as if on cue, a very sleepy Artemis stumbled into the mountain's kitchen.

Wally's eyes followed her movements over his book for as long as he dared and when he sensed she was about to notice him, his eyes shot down to stare at his feet and he let out a sigh to make sure he had her attention.

Sure enough, she noticed him. She noticed his leaning and his book and the mistletoe strategically placed above him.

Artemis walked simply towards him and finally Wally openly met her eyes trying to remain neutral in his features.

Her eyes flicked upwards to the mistletoe and turned back to Wally before smiling and leaning in, Wally subconsciously matching her movements until,

"Your book is upside down." She kissed his cheek and smiled deviously as she began to make herself some breakfast. Wally fell to his knees under the weight of the unfairness of the world.

"Why doesn't anything work out for me, Arty?" He asked, moping as he put the cruel book on the kitchen counter and slid over the hot chocolate he had previously prepared, which Artemis accepted gratefully.

"It was a good effort," Artemis said as she took a sip of her hot chocolate, "maybe next year?"

"Right, like I'm not gonna try again tomorrow." Wally said, smiling over his own mug and Artemis rolled her eyes, but long gone were the days where her eye rolls were anything but endearing.

It's short but I mean, I had to, I almost died when I saw the post. Happy Holidays everybody, all five of you.