First day

I just survived an almost 8 hour flight and just landed in the capital of S Korea. This is still all too surreal and I'm feeling really jet lagged. As I grab my huge suitcase and throw my backpack over my shoulder, I continue to find the exit. I will grab a cab and go straight to my new apartment. I can't believe I was lucky enough to find this program which gives you a nice, fat salary and pays for my accommodation. I haven't had a chance to see how the apartments are, since you don't get to chose, but I do know that I will have two roommates. Don't know their names or anything yet, though. So, everything is a surprise I guess.

I finally find the exit and walk outside. My very first time in Seoul. My first time in Korea all together actually. Wow, it's freaking amazing! The airport is a bit further outside of the city center, but you can see all the tall buildings and pretty lights. Definitely very different than what I'm used to in North Carolina. Even though it's late September, it's quite chilly out. Good thing I'm wearing my baby pink hoody and ripped skinny jeans. I hop in the first taxi I see and give them a piece of paper I had printed out before hand that had my new address on. I had taken one Korean language elective in college, but of course, I didn't learn shit. So, I'm pretty much fucked and will have to communicate in English until I learn a few things in Korean.

After almost 20 minutes, the car pulls up in front of a huge metal and glass building. Wow, it looks so modern and clean. I pay the driver and smile at him. He gets out and helps me with my suitcase.

"Kamsahamnida, sir" I say as this is one of the few words I actually know

As I walk up to the modern building I can feel a soft little breeze, a combination of hot and cold air. Probably what's left of summer. I pull a piece of paper out of my pocket and try to figure out where I'm going. Thankfully, this is a building specially designed for foreigner students and professionals. Everything here is in English and even the staff speaks English. Most tenants here are non-Korean English teachers from all around the world. They have an arrangement with various programs, just like me.

I walk up to the elevator and push in the number 9, which is my floor. Wow, this building has 12 floors! That's crazy. As I walk up to my door, I'm trying to figure out what I would say to my new roommates. Having spent most of my time in my house by myself for the past year, I have almost forgotten how to hold a conversation with people. In other worlds, I'm socially awkward af, girl. I finally knock on the door and hear fiddling from inside.

I see a tall dark skin girl with cute glasses appear in front of me.

"Hiii!" she screams with a huge smile on her face

I feel immediately revealed for some reason.

"Hi! I'm Shay!" I say trying not to sound too scared

"I'm Savanna. Nice to meet you!" she said and made way for me to walk further into the house

She seemed very friendly and bubbly. She also had a British accent. Wow.

"So nice to meet you" I said in my nicest voice.

"Come on in. This is Maria, she's from Australia" Savanna says as I walk into the living room

"Hi, Maria! I'm Shay"

Maria sits up and goes to give me a hug. Oh, wow, okay.

"Nice to meet you, Shay!"

"Come on, we'll show you around" Savanna says and I follow them like a lost puppy.

"So, this is obviously the living room. Here you walk in the kitchen..."

Wow, this place is sick! It's so modern and spacious. The living room and kitchen are open plan styled and it looks so high end. Though, I doubt the material quality is that good. The whole house has marble, stone and glass elements and the colors are white, gray and beige. Maria and Savanna show me the rest of the house and eventually they lead me to my room. I leave my luggage on the floor next to my bed and follow the girls outside. They take me around the building and we end up on the roof top.