Chapter 10 - Planning

January 3rd, 2021

"Where is it gonna be?" Jack sighed, running his hands through his hair. There were printed screenshots of Pinterest wedding decorations spread all over the table. Mark sat at the other side of the table, his chin in his hand.

"We probably shouldn't have procrastinated on this." Mark drummed his fingers on his lips.

"You've said that three times, now." Jack smirked. "Where is it gonna be?" Jack repeated.

"Ireland? Back in your home?" Mark suggested. "It's beautiful there. It's so green."

"It's pretty, but it rains all the time and it's so cold." Jack sighed. "I don't remember much, but I remember it being cold and rainy."

"Then where do you suggest?" Mark grabbed his laptop and opened it.

"Somewhere here in California, somewhere close." Jack took off his glasses and set them on the table. Mark googled California weddings.

"We could do a nice beach wedding." Mark suggested with a small smile.

"I want our wedding to be beautiful. Sunny day, lovely decorations, gorgeous wedding by the water." Jack sighed and rested his chin in his hand. "Look up 'California beautiful beach wedding'."

After a moment of searching, a huge smile spread across Mark's face. "Check this out." Mark turned the laptop to face Jack.

It was opened to a virtual tour of a gorgeous resort by the water. There were flowers and trees decorating a grassy area. A small area of land jutted into the water, decorated for a perfect wedding aisle.

"It's perfect." Jack began tearing up. He leaned across the table and kissed Mark softly and sweetly, adoring every second their lips were pressed together.

----------

January 15th, 2021

"I want it to be mostly white with gold accents, and then have little flowers and plants on each table." Jack explained to the wedding planner. He nervously held Mark's hand under the table.

"So more of a classy design?" The lady took down notes.

"Yeah, I just want it to be absolutely beautiful." Jack rested his chin in his hand.

"Of course. We'll get the place reserved and start creating some wedding invitations. Can I call you later with ideas for florists and caterers?" The lady stood up.

"Of course! Thank you for all your help." Mark stood and shook her hand.

"No problem. I'll do my best to make this a dream come true for you two." She smiled kindly and shook Jack's hand.

----------

March 20th, 2021

"I just don't know what Mark is getting. I don't want to buy a suit that doesn't match his." Jack chewed his thumb nail as he walked down the aisle with Molly.

"I'll text him and ask." Molly pulled out her phone.

"Just don't tell me what it is. Only tell me if what I pick matches. I want it to be a surprise." Jack studied a smooth black tuxedo.

"That one looks nice." Molly commented as she carefully grabbed the hanger. The button up shirt was pristine white, and the black over shirt and dress pants were as soft as silk, but made from fabric. She held it under Jack's chin, and a huge smile crept across her face. Her phone buzzed, so she pulled it out of her pocket. She looked from the picture on her phone to the tuxedo she was holding and squealed. "This is perfect!" Molly laid it in Jack's arms. She quickly grabbed Jack's shoulder and led him to a rack of ties. She pulled out a bright green tie and layed it on top of the suit.