Chapter 5- rank prank

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry man." Sawyer said with a tremble in his voice. Dean must really be intimidating if even Sawyer gets scared.

Dean sighed, looked back at me and said, "just- don't tell anyone else without confirming it with me. Okay?"

"Okay." Sawyer looked so surprised. He looked at me and realised something. What? I don't know.

Both guys were now staring at me and I was feeling so awkward.

"What?" I asked.

"I just realised how beautiful you are." Dean said to me and his eyes screamed 'come here.'

"Uh guys, I'm still here." Sawyer said interrupting our eye conversation.

"Yeah I know. Okay, should we start cleaning up?" I said breaking the eye contact.

"Sure."

Four hours later, everything was completely clean and spotless. It looked so different than when it was covered with beer bottles and pieces of clothing

"Woah Haylie. It looks even better than before the party. I should start paying you." Sawyer nodded in approval.

"How about me?" Dean said pretending to be hurt.

"Don't worry, you stood there and looked pretty." I said squeezing his cheeks. "By the way, where's your brother?" I asked.

"He's out with his friends, he doesn't like being in involved with my parties. The last time he was, he got arrested." Sawyer shrugged as if it was normal.

"Um care to explain?"

"The party just got out of control and a fight happened that happened to involve his brother." Dean answered.

"Okay." that was the last of that.

"So I think it's time for bed." Sawyer announced.

At that both Dean and I yawned.

"We need to sort out the sleeping arrangements though."

"I'll sleep on the couch a usual." Dean said.

"What about me?" I asked, "I could always sleep on the floor." I offered.

"You can always sleep on my bed, not with me of course but I can sleep on the floor of the bedroom."

"I think I'd feel more comfortable if I just slept on the floor of the living room." I admitted.

"I'll just get you some blankets and pillows." Sawyer said before running up the stairs.

"I know it's because you wanted to be with me." Dean smirked at me.

"In your dreams baby boy." I winked back.

"Here you go Haylie, make yourself comfortable. If you need anything else, I'll be in my room. My brother is probably going to come in half way through the night so don't freak out." Sawyer said before hugging me and saying goodnight

"So." Dean said trying to liven things up because both him and I knew there were some things we needed to talk about.

"What did the kiss mean to you?" I blurted out.

I heard him sigh and he turned to face me.

"I- I'm not sure how to explain."

"I have time." I smiled reassuringly to him.

"As Sawyer had told you, I had a girlfriend and when you moved here, you reminded me of her so much. The way you dress, look and how much you cared for those that meant a lot to you. I hated seeing you so much because I felt like if I looked too long, you would disappear and all of this was just be a hallucination. So I tried to ignore you.