CHAPTER 9: HENLEY

Start from the beginning

"Hello," I muttered as I stepped inside.

"Yeah, hello. We already said all that, remember?" Gigi snapped in my ear.

"Hey," Lucas replied.

"Who the fuck was that? Was that...was that Lucas? You did fuck him! You slut!" Gigi giggled in my ear, and my face burned red. "I am so proud of you. Give me some details. How big is his dick?"

"I'll call you back." I ended the call and slid my phone into my pocket. He held the door to the elevator open, and I waited for him to walk out, but he didn't so I stepped inside.

"Was that the bartender from last night?"

"None of your business. What are you doing here?" I asked sounding ruder than I intended but I couldn't help but be suspicious.

"I was looking for you, but I didn't know which room was yours. The girl at the end of the hall is a little dischuffed that I knocked her up." He grinned as my eyes widened.

" He grinned as my eyes widened

"You did what?"

"I woke her from knocking on her door."

"You may just want to say it that way next time."

"Then I wouldn't have gotten to see your face turn pink," he replied with a wink that I was certain made me grow three shades darker.

"Why?" I asked.

"Why what?"

"Why were you looking for me?"

"I don't know. Make sure you got home okay." He ran his fingers through his hair, and it fell perfectly back into place.

"Here I am." Two girls filed past him into the elevator, giggling and smiling. He grinned in their direction, but his eyes came quickly back to mine.

"So, I'll see you around?" He asked as he stepped out of the elevator and the girls in the corner got quiet, waiting for my response.

"I guess I will if you keep stalking me like this."

He laughed as the doors slid closed. I glanced back at the girls behind me who were looking me up and down as if I had an infectious disease.

I couldn't get to my room fast enough. As soon as I closed the door behind me, I leaned back against it. My phone rang loudly in my hand once more.

"What the hell was that about?" Gigi yelled.

"It was nothing. I just ran into Lucas in the elevator."

"You do know he doesn't even live in our dorm, don't you?"

"He didn't stay with me last night, Gigi. He's not even my type."

"You have a type? Like one that isn't fictional?"

"You're exhausting." I sighed, throwing my books on my bed.

"Get dressed. I'll be over in five," she said, hanging up before I could protest. I laid back on my bed and stared up at the ceiling wishing it would swallow me whole.