Chapter 11: HENLEY

I never should have let Gigi dress me up. I looked like a two-bit hooker. My pale yellow shirt was low cut with three buttons down the center that Gigi insisted be undone, and she matched it with a short jean skirt and wedge sandals that caused me to walk like a three-legged newborn calf.

 My pale yellow shirt was low cut with three buttons down the center that Gigi insisted be undone, and she matched it with a short jean skirt and wedge sandals that caused me to walk like a three-legged newborn calf

"You look fucking amazing," Gigi reassured me as we walked into Filly's. Several guys turned to look at us as we made our way to the back and my gaze dipped to the ground. "Told you," she whispered, and I could not help but smile.

"Shit."

"What?"

"He's here," I whispered.

"I thought you didn't care."

"I don't."

Lucas was at the bar, his back to us as we approached. I stepped behind Gigi as she ordered us a round of drinks.

"I'll get that. My shout." Lucas nodded to us, putting money on the bar. The bartender nodded back at him.

"Thanks," I yelled over the music as he moved closer to us

"Thanks," I yelled over the music as he moved closer to us. I stepped out from behind Gigi, and his eyes trailed down my body before he slowly drug them back up making me feel naked under his scrutiny.

"Wow, Henley. You clean up nice." He smiled approvingly, and I had to look away. After a moment of awkward silence, I tried to make some casual conversation.

"Where's your girlfriend?"

"What?" He signaled that he could not hear me. I leaned in closer.

"Your girlfriend?" I said louder, enunciating each word.

"You want to be my girlfriend? I'm flattered, love," he said, leaning back and placing his hand on his chest where a normal person would have a heart, but something told me Lucas was missing that key component.

"No," I smacked his arm, and he rubbed it in mock pain. I was surprised at how hard his muscles were. He laughed and leaned back in closer. I could feel his warm breath on my neck, and it sent goosebumps down my back.