2 : p r e s e n t

2016

---

I sat up, my eyes opened and I groaned at the cement on my back. I sat on a roof in what I'm guessing is Star City, by the Palmer Technology sign on the large skyscraper. I glanced over to my left and saw eight people laying knocked out. Looking straight ahead though I the same man that caused Lisa and I to swerve. Lisa.

"Where's L-?"

"Your companion is fine and so is her car I just needed you."

The rocks on top of the roof shuffled underneath the crew who all seemed to be waking up.

The man five down in a dark blue parka spoke, "Stein what the hell are you doing here?"

The old man, next to him, Stein, groaned while sitting up, "It appears I'm as ignorant as you, for once."

"Where are we?" The blonde woman on his right questioned. "Why don't you ask the dude who knocked us out and kidnapped us." The young man who sat next to me replied. "British dude with the flashy thing, ring any bells?"

All nine of us peered up at the man in the trench coat. "The names Rip Hunter, I am from East London." Giving him a glare I made myself heard, "So?"

" Giving him a glare I made myself heard, "So?"

"And the future."

We all stood up as the man next to parka, spoke in a deep husky voice, "Nice to meet you Rip." I honestly couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not. He fiddled with a orange and silver gun-like contraption.

"While you were incapacitated I may have tampered with your weapons," we all continued to stare at him. "I've assembled you all because I need your help. The future of the world is in peril because of a man by the name of Vandal Savage."

The man and women in the weird leathery winged like outfits looked at each other and the man spoke, "That can't be. We destroyed him." The woman turned towards Rip, to agree with her counterpart, "Yeah the Green Arrow and Flash helped us do it."

Rip turned back to face the couple, "And therein lay the problem. Unless you or Mr. Hall deliver the deathblow, Savage can be restored from but a single cell."

The guy with a husky voice questioned him again, "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Vandal is immortal. Kendra and I reincarnate." Okay so let's see old man is Stein, kidnapper is Rip, Leather girl is Kendra, and leather man is Mr. Hall. The blonde girl quickly glanced at Kendra and Mr. Hall before turning back to Rip, "Yeah I've done that."

"And what the hell does this Randall guy have got to do with us?" Husky voice shouted out.

"Vandal." I corrected and everyone quickly turned towards me, and I glared while flashing them the knife in my sleeve. Rip stole the stage and began to walk towards me on the end, "In the future, he will employ the evil he's perfected over his long life, and the power he has amassed throughout history, to finally conquer the world." Well on that note, I rolled my eyes.

"I've been tasked with assembling an elite team to stop him."

Blondey questioned him "How?"

"To travel through time," Rip pointed towards the sky, "to capture Savage before he grows into the monster he becomes."

Parka started to walk towards Rip, in turn walking towards me. "You got the wrong guy. Hero ain't on my resume."

Husky voice followed his compatriot, "Or mine."

"I know it's difficult for you to fathom, but where... when I'm from, the year 2166, you and everyone on this roof aren't just considered heroes..." He must be joking.

"You're legends."

"Pfft-" I sputtered before doubling over in sarcastic laughter, "Me, a museum thief and weapons dealer, a hero." I straightened out my face a glared at him, "Don't make me laugh."

"It is dangerous for any of you to know too much about your own futures, but I assure you Miss Kim, and all of you, as individuals you are destined for greatness."

The brunette in the metal suit with the nice hair nodded, "I could get behind that."

Rip walked away from us while he spoke, "And, because if you don't follow me, this is what is in store for your world 150 years from now." He raised his arm and pressed a button on his remote device.

The city in front of us changed. The peaceful lights in the building disappeared and transformed into smoke and ash. What was left of buildings burned. People screamed and ran on the streets. Jets raced across the sky shooting at each other and any sign of life left on the ground.

The nine of us gaped at the sight in front of us. I was unnerved by the sight of the city demolished and burning. Rip sighed, the red sky faded back to black, and he turned around to face us once again, "I could have chosen any time and any place. Of all the people who ever lived I chose you eight. I certainly hope that you won't let me, and the world down."

Rip walked in front of Stein and handed him a card, "If your answer is yes meet me at this address in 36 hours."