Suzume, My Little Sparrow

Credits go to: Kumoriko

Written by: sparkle123tt potato_b1tches

::

"You ready?" Tenten shouted out with a determined smirk. Today was the day. This was the spar. She was sure of it. In this one moment. She would beat Neji!

"Yes" Neji responded getting into his Gentle Fist stance, Byakugan activating.

Tenten smirked as she reached down for the scroll in her left tigh pocket, ripping it open she threw a barrage of kunai at her oponent. Neji used rotation just as expected. Right when Tenten saw Neji's cicular movement she quickly unveiled her new jutsu. The spears came at the most inopportune time for Neji as he was going too slow to speed up Rotation but too fast to start it up again.

The spears landed around the Byakugan user, squeezing him between the wooden staffs, Neji was unable to move. Tenten had won. And fairly quickly as well.

Neji smiled despite his loss. For it was also a victory as well. It was a sign that his girlfriend was becoming so strong. He loved Tenten, he really did. Tenten beamed at her boyfriend. The Hyuga prodigy defeated by the Weapon's Mistress! She couldn't wait to tell Lee! She let out a giddy laugh, and Neji couldn't help but smile at her childish behavior.

Now Neji and Tenten had time to kill so they laid down under the tree waiting for their teammates to return. Lee was going to have a meltdown of youth and despair when he returned so the two wanted to have some peace while they could.

Neji stared up at the sky. Tenten snuggled into his shoulder. Her chocolate brown hair let down. Neji let his thoughts drift as he stared up at the sky above. He thought of his future as he usually did when he got some down time. But this time for some reason he thought up a life with Tenten as his lavender eyes locked with a sparrow flying over head. He dreamt of having kids. He hoped they would have kids. He wondered if Hinata would be head of the clan as she was originally destined? Or if that responsibility will still hang on the young Hanabi? Nevertheless Neji hoped it would be Lady Hinata. Because then his own child wouldn't have to have this caged burden. Although, he mused, it wasn't a total burden. He felt the seal binded him and his father together. So perhaps it would do the same to his child? Boy or girl? Neji mused. Girl. He decided. Girls were cleaner and it would be twice as impressive if she beat Naruto's child, and by extension future Hinata's child. It would certainly be fitting. Neji grinned as a name came to him.

Suzume. Suzume Hyuga. Her aim would be perfection. Her visual prowess even greater than his own. It didn't matter that Tenten wasn't Hyuga. Her extraordinary marksmanship certainly made up for that aspect. The girl, his daughter Suzume, would have beautiful lavender eyes and her mothers gorgeous brown lock. Neji snorted as he pictured a mini Rock Lee attempting to date his daughter. The fun he would have kicking the crap out of the little bowl cutted boy who screamed about the youth of love. Lee would jump in the defense of his son and then they would fight like they usually did now.

Neji sighed in contentment. He loved this future. Tenten looked up at him in confusion.

"What are you grinning about?" Tenten asked lifting her head to face him.

Neji smiled warmly. "Nothing. I love you"

::

Suzume means sparrow in Japanese