Chapter One: Is He Alive?!

Kaylei's PoV

We all look at Courtney worried. What the he'll is going on? "The boys!" is all she can get out before she breaks down crying. Rachel rushes to her side.

"What happened?" I ask, moving towards her as well.

After about a minute, Courtney says, "I heard tires screeching, glass breaking, and screaming then it was silent. I think I heard Austin say he was okay. But I don't know about the others. They got in a car accident."

"Get in the car!" Jayde yells grabbing the keys and giving them to Rachel. "Drive the way you guys came." All of us run to the car and get in it. Rachel rushes the way they came. We reach an area that the cops have blocked off. Rachel stops.

Courtney is the first one out of the car, before it even stops, and running to the cops. "Please stay back," one tells her when she tries to get through. "Stay back and stay calm."

"Please! You have to let me through!" she yells, trying to get passed him.

"I'm not authorized to let anybody through. Ma'am please remain calm," the officer says, holding her back from running onto the scene.

The car is on its side with the bottom facing us, so we can't see the boys. All the windows that we can see are smashed and the car is beyond repair. We watch as each of the boys gets pulled out. Austin.. Zach... Alex.... Adien.....

"Where's Robert?" Courtney asks.

"Sir! We need more help! He's badly injured and if not moved properly he could die!" another officer yells. "But if we want to save him, he needs to be moved now!"

Courtney falls to the ground and breaks down even more. She cries loudly not caring if anyone thinks she's crazy. I bend down next to her. "Shhhhh, it's all going to be okay." I try to comfort her, even though I know it won't help. Yes, it will be okay. But right now, it isn't.

"This was m-my fa-fault," she says, trying to hold back anymore tears. But fails and chokes on her own sobs.

"What do you mean? How could this have been your fault?"

"I must h-have dis-distract-distracted him. H-he was on the ph-phone with ME!"

"Courtney, you can't blame yourself for this. It wasn't your fault. It was an accident. For all we know it would have happened if he wasn't on the phone. Don't blame yourself."

A man runs over to us then asks me, "Are you Miss Kaylei Stone?"

I nod.

"These six are allowed to come over."

We all run over. Rachel to Zach. Sarah to Alex. Jayde to Adien. Me to Austin. And Courtney and Andrea to the car.

"Kaylei," Austin says weakly.

"What?" I ask grabbing his hand. "Y-you have to make sure Courtney knows this wasn't her fault."

"I will."

They load each of the boys into ambulances and each of us rides with our bf. Andrea drives the car to the hospital. But Robert is still in the car so Courtney stays.

I go over to Courtney, give her a quick hug, tell her Austin said it wasn't her fault, then I get into Austin's ambulance, they close the doors, and rush to the hospital.

Courtney's PoV

"We have to be very careful while getting him out. We don't want him dying!" a man yells to everyone that is helping.

I walk over to the other car and see who was driving the car that hit them. It was Josh. I freeze.

"What's wrong young lady?" the sheriff asks.