Alright ladies, y'all ready?

The work week passes without a hiccup. I get in just after 7 Friday evening and crash hard on the couch. I think I've missed about 15 calls from Marcell and ignored multiple texts about wanting to talk.

What does he need to say? Oh well.

I think I wanna go out with Lydia and Kimber again. Kimber's sister's having a bachelorette party and that seems like a perfect time to unwind and have some drinks and girl talk. I call Kimber to confirm that I'm coming.

"Girl I will believe that when I see you."

"Ok watch me." I chime. I put on a red laced, long sleeved romper with a low V-neck and black open toed wedges. I spruce my curls up and put on makeup before heading to Kimber's apartment.

"Hi, Ms. Bride To Be!" I greet her sister as she opens the door.

"Hey girl!" She screeches. "Look who's here!" She yells out.

"Oh hell nawl!" Kimber dances up to the door.

"What I told you?" I two-step in.

"And look at you! I love this." She compliments my outfit.

"Thank you ma'am! I gotta start wearing some of these damn clothes."
Kimber leads me over to a table and makes me a drink. We start to mingle.

"This is my girl from work." She informs a couple of ladies seated on the couch. "The strippers are 5 minutes away," she whispers to me.

Aww hell. I think to myself. I don't want some nasty ass, sweaty stripper rubbing all up on me. I'm halfway through my 2nd drink when there's a loud rap on the door. The ladies begin to mumble in anticipation of what was to come.

"Alright ladies y'all ready?" Kimber's oldest sister asked
as she swung the door open. Two strapping, sexy, tall men burst in dressed as firefighters.

"Ma'am is there a fire here?" The lighter one with grey eyes and short curly hair roared.

"I'm burning up!" Somebody hollered.

I laughed and sipped as they made a sandwich out of the bride to be. They worked the room grinding and flexing, even picking women up and flipping them around showing off their skills. I sipped my drink and laughed and cheered as they did their thing.

The darker one made eye contact with me and I shook my head and held my hand up. He smiled big and continued to work the room. That 3rd drink was getting to me and I went into the bathroom to tinkle and splash a little water on my face.

I walk out of the bathroom and lean against the door to compose myself. "Hey Pretty. You enjoying yourself?"

"I am." I nod at Dark Skin. "Good, I was worried about you. You didn't wanna participate, and then you disappeared."

"Oh no I'm fine." I state.

"What you had to check in with your husband?"

"No," I chuckle.

"I know this is awkward but I want the chance to get to know you."

"I don't know about that." I interrupt.

"Here me out, I could not resist speaking to you. Your smile was like a magnet to me."

"I'm sure you have enough women on you team. I'm not interested in joining."

"Give me a fair chance. Just humor me. I feel like you won't be sorry." He reaches his hand out "Do you have your phone?"

I begrudgingly hand over my phone and let him enter his number. "Ok thank you Ms...."I need to know your name in case you break down and call."

"Simone." I shake my head.

"Ok Sweetheart. Thank you for your time Ms. Simone." He walks off.

I find Kimber standing by a window and let her know I'm on my way out. "Thanks for coming doll." She hugs me and kisses me on the cheek. It's about 11:30pm when I make it home. I shower and fall into the bed naked and wet.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Should Simone have indulged with the handsome stripper?

Should she stick it out with Marcell?

This was a short fun chapter showing a change of pace in the story. Comment and let me know what you think. Vote if you like it.