From Dusk Till Dawn

Start from the beginning

He smirks, the blood in his mouth dripping down his face. "You'll be the only one to survive. Even your little boyfriend will die, and there's nothing you can do to stop me."

I eye him carefully.

"Oh yeah," he chuckles, cocking his head to the side, "I know you're a girl. You don't keep it a secret very well, not when he always comes and saves your life."

"Pan is not my boyfriend." I spit.

He cocks an eyebrow, before laughing. "Wow, I was talking about Johnny. I just thought you were a blind idiot, but you've got a thing for Pan? Now that's really messed up, and that's coming from a serial killer."

"What did you do to Johnny?" I slash him in his other thigh.

He winces. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

"How about I bring you to Pan?" I ask. "That's worse than me killing you here, isn't it?"

I watch the fear flash through his eyes, but for only a second.

He shoves me backwards, before ripping my dagger from my hand and stabbing himself in the neck. His blood splatters across my face, and he roughly chokes on the air. It spirts out of the gaping he every few seconds, as his heart beat slowly comes to a stop.

I rip the blade out of neck, making blood pool down on top of me. His body rolls off of me.

"Pathetic." I spit. "You've lost."

He grins, blinking. "No, not when the lost boys will be no more." The words whistle their way through his throat, and I'm surprised he can even speak.

What does he mean by that?

Blood still pools down on to the ground, and his body shakes. His eyes begin to flutter, but as he stills they remain open. I leap on top of him, searching his clothing for anything. A canteen, a knife, some rope, matches.

Matches.

He was holding wood.

Dominique set the camp on fire.

I leave his dying body, as well as his things, choosing to sprint back to camp. The run is short, and sweet, but already half the tents are on fire.

Mine, Alex and Harry's tent, the clothing, the food, and the armoury.

I run straight into the food tent, slicing the fabric open where it isn't on fire. The buckets inside are all turned over, the water dumped on to the ground.

I leap back out, the tips of my cloak singeing in the heat.

The sound of the flames roar, and the lights are like strobe, flashing in my eyes. If I wasn't already panicking, now I'm panicking.

I dash towards Harry and Alex's tent, using my cloak as mitts to open the door. The flames aren't difficult to get out, but the smoke is blinding.

Alex is shaking Harry awake, as the flames dance upwards. I quickly yank down Robert and James, who probably are dizzy from all the smoke that rose up to their heights. Robert groggily opens his eyes, before helping me pull James out.

Their hammocks catch on fire, and I hold the sheet open for Alex and Harry, who come out coughing.

Rolling on the ground, I extinguish the flames, only the heat lingering on my body.

"What's did you do?" Alex demands, grabbing me by the shirt and lifting my feet off the ground.

"It was Dominique not me?"

"Where is he now?" Robert chimes in, wiping the dirt off his face.

"Dead, in the forest." I tell them.