Chapter 2-Typical Tony

Start from the beginning

He knows the answer,
"Bye, Fury," I say before I walk out.

**************************

"What did Fury say?" Emma asks.

So after Fury and my talk, I inched to my room and threw myself on the bed to cry. You know what they say, every girl has a Disney Princess inside of them.

"He's alive. My father is alive, and in New York. Fury is taking me tomorrow," I say.

"He's taking you? Can I come?" Emma asks.

"I don't know. I don't even know if I can face him," I say.

"You have to," Emma say, "I'll come with you."

"Even if I said you couldn't come, you would find a way to hop aboard that jet tomorrow, wouldn't you," I say.

"You know me so well," she says.

"Go pack," I say.

*****************

Today's the day. I'm heading to New York. It's great because Tony is there. He acted like a father to me almost as much as Coulson. The only difference is, Tony's conceited, rich, doesn't work well with others, prideful, rude.

Typical Tony.

Yup, I sense a new nick name in the future.

I throw my S.H.I.E.L.D duffle bag into the first seat I see. One of the female agents going on this mission scoffs at me. That's fine. I've given up formality. Smartly I smirk back at her.

I take a seat and cross my arms.

"I guess you are not excited at all," I hear Agent Hill say.

"Is it time to go yet?" I ask.

She laughs,
"Almost. I heard that you invited a stowaway on this trip," Hill says.

"Where did you hear that from?" I ask.

"From me!" I hear someone say behind Hill.

Emma.

Why am I not surprised?

She throws her stuff on top of mine and buckles them in.

"Why are you....erm....buckling in our duffle bags?" I ask.

"Because, if we crash, I want my favorite pair of jeans to be safe. Safety first," she says.

"Alrighty then," I say.

Emma may be the smartest computer nerd at S.H.I.E.L.D, but her people skills well......she doesn't get out much.

"Who knows, maybe when we get to New York, there will be a huge power outage, and I, being the computer techie, will have to fix it," Emma says.

"If the power goes out, and can only be fixed by a computer, by all means have at it," I say.

Emma grins and takes the seat right beside me, making sure to buckle.

"Better buckle your safety restraints, Tay-Tay," Emma says.

So I told her Tony's nick-name for me.

"Hey, Hill?" I ask averting Emma's attention from safety.

"Yes?" She replies.

"Where is Director Fury?" I ask.

"Director Fury left almost two hours ago for New York," Hill says.

"Two hours? Buckle," Emma says again.